Middough Inc. (Middough), founded in 1950, is a leading professional engineering, architecture and project solutions company providing services to a broad spectrum of Fortune 500 clients in nine core industries with offices across the Central, Midwest and Southeast regions. Our diversified team is our greatest asset, and they are challenged with a large variety of interesting projects, management and technical development opportunities and team building experiences. Middough employs the best and brightest individuals who share our passion for excellence and who are dedicated to client satisfaction, quality service, safety awareness and professional development.Position and Responsibilities
As a Project Manager (PM) you will be responsible for the overall development and execution of small to medium projects including project profitability, safety, and client satisfaction within the Middough Power and Refining industries. The PM also controls available resources, project scope, schedule, budget, and contractual requirements. The PM will provide leadership and organization to the project and instill confidence in the client regarding the capabilities of the project team. The PM serves as the primary point of contact for the project client and outside consultants collaborating on the project. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Education, Experience and Skills
- Coordinate completion of defined work scope for a project between various Middough departments and business locations involved in the project.
- Develop, review, and approve all project management documents including scope development, project costs and schedules, and internal/external communications.
- Assist in preparation of project execution strategy and review progress of drawings and specifications prior to permit issuance and construction.
- Monitor changes in scope and schedule to secure change authorizations, as needed.
- Supervise the preparation of project proposal, specification, scope, and negotiate final contract.
- Monitor project costs and quality to ensure the profitability and technical performance of the project and develops innovative actions to correct variances to scope, budget and/or schedule.
- Exercise innovative cost efficiency approaches in the project design to reduce construction costs and increase productivity.
- Anticipate, recognize, and identify key project challenges and problems to establish and direct problem-solving objectives and priorities for resolution.
- Maintain specific knowledge of Middough project planning and scheduling functions.
- Support project, business, and relationship development activities of the Senior Project Manager.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering discipline required.
- 5+ years of project management experience in consulting organizations and within the Power and/or Refining industries.
- Professional Engineering License and/or PMP Certification preferred.
- Broad knowledge, understanding and experience with the basic engineering and construction models including A/E, AEPCM, Design Build and/or CM.
- Professional LEED AP and/or CEM certifications highly desired.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, AutoCAD, and Navisworks.
- Thorough understanding of contract administration, liability, and safety issues.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with clients and all levels within Middough around professionalism, trust, integrity, and collaboration.
- Ability to multi-task and be highly organized for effective project planning.
- Excellent attention to detail and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this position, the successful candidate will:
What Middough Offers
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop or kneel, use repeating motions that may include the wrists/hands/fingers and talk and hear.
- Frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Should not expect adverse environmental conditions; some client locations may include outside locations and/or exposure to high temperatures
- May require occasional extended overnight car or air travel to other company locations or client sites.
- May be required to work overtime during the week, weekends and/or holidays based on workload and Client needs.
- Adhere to all Middough and Client’ provided safety protocols and trainings as required.
We offer a growth and learning culture which encourages and supports employee development through a wide variety of tools and resources such as the company Learning Management System, Middough Learning Center. Middough provides an opportunity to bring your talents and expertise to a successful and growing organization for your career advancement goals. Additionally, we offer a highly competitive compensation and the following comprehensive benefits package, based on eligibility and plan terms/changes:
Equal Opportunity Employment
- A hybrid office/remote work model for work-life flexibility (based on business and client needs)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid Short/Long Term Disability, Life, AD&D, and Travel insurance
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays
- Flexible Start Times
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Certifications and Registrations (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance Program
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors or any other protected characteristic under protected by federal, state, or local laws. Middough does not support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment visa (i.e., H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.
Middough Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of diversity and actively recruits minority, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Complex Problem Solving