To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Winona, MN 55987
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Facilities Maintenance Technician II
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Winona, MN
Posted 29 days ago
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Facilities Maintenance Technician I or II with our Facilities Team.
The Facilities Maintenance Technician works in conjunction with various departments, such as Production support and Manufacturing Engineering, to ensure that the facility and related equipment is in good working order.
Essential Functions and Competencies
• Perform work inside and outside all facility areas, including manufacturing floor, loading dock, above ceiling, on the roof and on the building’s grounds
• Comprehend OSHA standards in regard to performing work duties
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Ability to take on additional responsibilities as required
• Effective organization skills
• Demonstrated high attention to detail
• Ability to demonstrate discretion, confidentiality and professionalism when representing the company
• Ability to support a 24/7 global business operation as required
• Ability to work overtime when needed
• Ability to work with diverse groups
• Participate in a continuous improvement activity
• Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals; Works under general supervision; Moderate degree of creativity and latitude is required
• Understand operation of hand-held mechanical and powered tools, HVAC machinery, test equipment, etc.
• Understanding of and ability to use continuous improvement tools
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Effective problem solving skills
• Effective multitasking and prioritization skills
• Demonstrated ability to work with a team and the ability to operate on diverse project teams with moderate direction Level II
• All functions listed above
• Ability to train diverse groups
• Demonstrated quality workmanship
• Effective analytical, planning and organizational skills
• Effective problem solving skills with viable solutions under moderate supervision
• Demonstrated ability to work with a team and the ability to operate on diverse project teams with moderate direction
Qualifications / Education / Experience
• Adjust time clocks at all buildings and perform fire extinguisher inspection
• Maintain/repair furniture and fixtures throughout all buildings
• Perform preventative maintenance as required
• Assist with plumbing, electrical and HVAC for installations of new equipment and moving existing machines
• Perform routine HVAC maintenance
• Supply electrical and air drops where needed
• Assist equipment maintenance whenever possible on plant equipment
• May perform car maintenance and repair work on any company vehicles
• Participate in future projects including, but not limited to, building new facilities, plumbing, telecommunications, moving equipment, adding equipment and janitorial services Level II
• Ability to perform all the essential functions and competencies listed above
• Ability to perform renovation construction
• Ability to work effectively with suppliers, internal customers and contractors
• Ability to maintain a limited variety of mechanical equipment
• Handle hazardous waste collection and remain aware of contingency plan duties in accordance with federal, state and local regulations
• Fabricate and/or may install hangers, brackets and other securing devices to secure equipment as necessary; Shims and balances equipment as necessary
• Perform basic to moderate plumbing duties as required
• Perform basic to moderate masonry work required to maintain or extend building use
• Perform painting tasks as required
• Assist in the installation and movement of a variety of light, medium and heavy equipment; Ensure that the performances of these activities are well documented
• Maintain grounds as required; Operate a wide variety of equipment for said maintenance
• Repair, lubricate and perform preventative maintenance on a variety of equipment
Level I: 2-4 years of experience Level II: 5+ years experience
Candidate must have 2 year degree
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.