To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- West Chester Township, OH 45069
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
ClarkDietrich • West Chester Township, OH
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Are you interested in working for a company that fosters growth opportunities, community involvement and a team oriented atmosphere? ClarkDietrich fosters a work-life balance and offers competitive compensation and benefits. Join a team that is STRONGER THAN STEEL℠, by applying to become a Purchasing Specialist at our West Chester, OH location.
Responsible for assisting with the development and administration of purchasing programs, gathering and reporting on program results and supplier information as well as issuing purchase orders for major projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the Purchasing Manager with the developing company-wide purchase programs.
- Identifies and qualifies potential suppliers.
- Performs cost comparison analysis.
- Reviews and reports on program and supplier performance.
- Assists with the management of contracts such as MRO, safety and office supplies, utilities contracts, strapping, packaging, lumber, etc.
- Assists with management of fork lift truck fleet.
- Assists with negotiations for sale of manufacturing scrap.
- Issues purchase orders for major capital projects managed by corporate engineering group.
- Tracks project status and progress payments that are due.
- Participates in the planning of Operations department meetings.
- Participates in the establishment of new accounts at all locations.
- Makes purchases in a cost efficient and timely manner.
- Stays informed of industry trends and the materials/services used by ClarkDietrich.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by Purchasing Manager.
- Ability to travel 20%
- Technical knowledge of manufacturing environment
- Ability to interact with all levels within the organization
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong communication, customer service, and organizational skills
- Detail orientated
- Able to work in a team environment and independently.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills
- Strong interest in continuous improvement
- Ability to work with offsite locations to resolve problems
- Strong work ethic
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5 to 7 years of experience
- Ability to analyze complex issues and break them down to manageable tasks.
CLARKDIETRICH BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Full benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts and Life Insurance)
- 401(k) with company match
- Annual Incentive
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Community Service Day