To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Avon, CT 06001
- Phone: 781/496-3085
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Seasonal Tax Accountant
Volt Demo Account • Avon, CT
Posted 20 days ago
Employment Type: Seasonal for 2019 tax season only
Start: Mid December
Job Type: Accounting
Education: Bachelors of Science or Masters in Accounting/Tax
Certification: CPA is a plus
Required Experience: Minimum 2 tax seasons of recent tax preparation
The tax preparer will focus on individual income tax returns. Corporate, partnership and fiduciary tax preparation a plus. The tax preparer is responsible for performing tax preparation, tax research and tax planning with minimal supervision. This team member will also coordinate with other staff members to facilitate review of the tax returns and office work-flow.
- Prepares individual federal and state income tax returns.
- Prepare tax projections and estimates.
- Performs tax research (federal and state income tax, sales tax, estate and gift, and excess tax.)
- Maintain the required level of technical knowledge and keep abreast of current developments in the tax area and accounting.
- Recognizes, anticipates and resolves tax issues; makes recommendations.
- Meets productivity and efficiency goals.
- Prepare year-end work papers and adjustments.
- Prepare various personal property tax returns.
- Assist in federal and state audits; prepare responses to government notices.
- Assist with reviewed and compiled financial statements in accordance with GAAP and OCBOA.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree.
- CPA (or in the process of earning this credentialing
- Minimum 2 tax seasons of recent tax preparation experience working for a public accounting firm.
- Ability to independently perform tax research.
- Ability to develop planning strategies for clients.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write effective and thorough business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word and Excel; CCH Axcess or similar tax software; and QuickBooks.
VOLT is an EOE