Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR â, 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years
For over 24 years, Eurofins Abraxis, a Eurofins Technologies company, has been developing, manufacturing, and marketing rapid environmental, food, and life sciences test systems, including immunochemistry products and methods, to meet the testing needs of research and industry. We are constantly collaborating with global government, industry, and academic leaders worldwide to develop innovative methods and applications.
The Director, R&D of Eurofins Abraxis is primarily accountable for overseeing the scientific development functions of Eurofins Abraxis, including basic and applied research projects, as well as the development of new methods, applications, technologies and products. This position combines scientific-specific knowledge of immunoassay and separation sciences with leadership and business skills to promote the efficiency, profitability and competitive position of Eurofins Abraxis. The Director, R&D will stay updated on technological advances and industry trends, working with the marketing/product management team, to provide strategic recommendations on future projects, such as new research opportunities or technological ventures.
Required Education & Experience:
- Direct R&D staff, including organizational structure, hiring, professional development, motivation, performance evaluation, discipline, compensation, personnel policies, and procedures.
- Develop, set and manage budgets ensuring that resources are allocated properly.
- Leads all scientific aspects of the Abraxis portfolio R&D, including technology evaluations, new product developments and new methods and applications development.
- Works across Eurofins Technologies companies to help set the scientific vision, lead and drive execution towards this vision
- Leads Research Department team that includes R&D Laboratory Supervisors and R&D Scientists.
- Working with the Eurofins Abraxis President, develops and sets annual department goals guides and develops team members on setting and achieving group and individual goals, and fosters development of the team
- Responsible for tracking and reporting key project status and results to Eurofins Abraxis and Eurofins Technologies global management teams.
- With the Eurofins Abraxis President, identifies, negotiates and executes partnerships to leverage Eurofins Abraxis/Eurofins Technologies investments including partnerships between industrial partners (such as commercial laboratories, private/public companies, etc.) and government agencies (such as FDA, USDA, state/federal labs, etc.), as scientific opportunities arise
- Serves as a public spokesperson and represents Eurofins Abraxis at relevant conferences or in pertinent journals, presenting or publishing newly generated scientific information
- Provides escalated scientific expertise to Technical Support and Manufacturing organizations should complex, technical product issues arise
- Perform other duties or special projects as required or assigned by Eurofins Abraxis or the Eurofins Technologies management team.
- MS degree in a relevant, science-related field, with 15+ years of relevant business experience required; Ph. D. / MBA highly recommended.
- A known leader in the environmental/water quality, food safety and/or life science community that has experience forging partnerships with industry, government agencies and other foundations
- Strong knowledge of immunoassay product development, including lateral flow strips, applications development and laboratory use
- Demonstrated experience advancing R&D initiatives destined for product commercialization, and a track-record of working in a cross-functional environments
- Experience with Stage-Gate product commercialization principles and effective R&D project management communications
- Deep and broad business and scientific networks in the environmental/water quality and food safety markets
- Creative, strategic thinker with a 'hands-on', resourceful and analytical style
- Experience in managing grant-making teams and familiarity with peer-review grants management systems
- Expected travel associated with position is 20% of the time and may change with business demands.
Position isfull time
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm. This position is based out of the Warminster, PA Area.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Financial Management