Ardagh Group is a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world’s leading food, beverage, and consumer care brands. Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 100+ metal and glass production facilities in more than 20 countries, employing approximately more than 23,000 people and have global sales of more than $9bn.
We believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential, and where their achievements are celebrated. We are creating an exciting future for Ardagh that is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence and we have opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines across our organisation.
The primary role of the Facilities Structural/Civil Engineer is to provide design, analysis, technical support and project coordination for capital projects. To establish project cost estimates and timelines, and to design solutions for facility civil, structural, and support equipment projects. When needed, to manage projects to completion, and complete work at or under budget. In addition, the Facilities Structural/Civil Engineer will also provide technical support to help plants meet cost, productivity and safety targets as needed.
- Create and update AutoCad drawings for project cost estimating, implementation, and records (as-built).
- Plan, coordinate and manage facility capital projects from project approval to project close, with budgets from $0.2MM up to Several MM$.
- Support Senior Project Managers on larger Capex projects as needed.
- Provide technical advice, engineering expertise and light design details (support structures, foundations and other areas) to plants on facility project needs (may include civil, structural, architectural and mechanical areas) and support systems.
- Develop detailed technical specifications for RFQ/RFP related to design, fabrication and installations
- Develop project cost estimates for capital approval request (CAR) submittal
- Manage SAP documents including drawings, purchase orders and goods receipts
- Work with Procurement and suppliers on scope, estimates, quotes, planning and execution.
- Communicate effectively with other functional areas, plant operations teams, vendors and contractors
- Manage projects on site (in plants) as needed and manage vendors and contractors, and work with plant teams to ensure work is done safely, on time, within budget, and meeting the project objectives.
- Ensure plants have what they need to successfully operate and meet their objectives once project is complete.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture
- Minimum 5-10 years’ work experience in engineering and/or high-speed manufacturing (can making/packaging) preferred
- Ability to travel 25-50% of calendar year (mostly domestic but may include some international travel)
- Excellent interpersonal/team skills
- Knowledge of high speed manufacturing processes
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Preferred software experience: SAP, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
Our Vision and Values
The people that make up Ardagh Group share much more than a strong brand and an excellent reputation. We each share a common vision: to be the preferred packaging partner to the world’s leading brands. We will achieve our vision by delivering customer innovation, providing an inspirational environment for our people and creating sustainable value for our business through its growth and development.
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
For more information on Ardagh Group, visit URL blocked - click to apply.