Position Title: Staff Accountant - Suitland, MD
Reports To: Regional Finance Director
Growth. Opportunity. Excellence.
Canteen brings break time to everyone. We combine food, service, and experience backed by industry-leading technology to help companies create a better workplace and connect their employees. Canteen’s solutions include markets, office coffee and snacks, unattended retail, and culinary.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Their dedication, collaboration, and passion fuel our growth. Interested in joining our team? You bring the enthusiasm, customer service, and commitment; we’ll supply the opportunity and innovation. Together, we’ll continue to transform our industry.
Come grow with us. We are Canteen.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that is qualified for this role, please use the ‘job search’ in MyOpportunity to refer your referral and email them a link to apply. Your referral will be able to apply by clicking the link in the email then you can check the status under Careers in MyOpportunity by clicking on ‘referral tracking.’ For Employee Referral guidelines, FAQs and the Compass Employee Referral Policy, email [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Staff Accountant - Suitland, MD. Click [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Staff Accountant - Suitland, MD to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
Responsible for producing accurate accounting records, including communicating with operators regarding accounting issues, ensures that approved procedures are being followed to provide accurate, efficient and timely reporting.
- Enforces all cash handling procedures
- Performs reconciliation and analysis for several balance sheet accounts
- Analyzes financial results for both internal and external use
- Tracks and maintains monthly P/L and balance sheet activity
- Assists in developing forecasts and budgets, identifying risks and opportunities
- Reviews general ledger and balance sheets
- Resolves various accounting/reconciliation issues
- Completes financial reports: monthly, quarterly and annual reports, including but not limited to monthly and fiscal close, internal and external audit reporting; manages report preparation and distribution
- Maintains inventory and cost control procedures
- Reviews accounts receivable and follows up for collections as needed
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
- Two to five years' experience with revenue control, financial reporting and cash handling responsibilities
- Bachelor degree in Accounting preferred. Associate degree in Accounting required.
- Foodservice industry accounting experience a plus
- Ability to prepare monthly financial statements, key metric reports, budgets, forecasts
- Adept at planning, organizing and controlling complex processes as well as analyzing moderately complex financial information
- Experience with POS, cash and credit card reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled at managing multiple priorities and relationships
- Computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Office with a concentration in Excel
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
Apply to Canteen today!
Canteen is a member of Compass Group USA
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Staff Accountant - Suitland, MD
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates a Canteen are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1101770