USM, a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc., is a leading provider of essential facilities maintenance services, including interior and exterior services and electrical, mechanical and plumbing services, to national and regional commercial customers that maintain multi-site portfolios across wide geographic areas. With its highly developed proprietary network of over 11,000 service partners, USM delivers consistent facilities maintenance services across a nationwide footprint for approximately 150 customers in over 80,000 locations in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
Buyer, Exterior Procurement
The person selected for the position is responsible for Supplier Selection and Contract Execution with USM's Suppliers. In the execution of these tasks this position involves Supplier RFQs, Negotiation of Rates, Confirmation of Supplier Quality and Capacity, and post-award, Collection of Contract Documents and maintenance of Supplier Compliance. This position also supports the Operations team with regard to Issue Resolution and Supplier Quality Scorecarding. The result of these efforts is to ensure all active Client locations and services have a Capable, Qualified, Affordable, and Reliable Supplier assigned and under contract.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes Supplier Selection activities including Compliance, Performance and Affordability. Negotiate to ensure Suppliers are awarded at appropriate market rates.
- Onboard Suppliers so that they are Compliant and able to perform to Client requirements without error. Maintains supplier information within supplier database. Creates and maintains supplier master data in ERP system as needed.
- Support Supplier Management Activities including performance feedback and New Supplier Acquisition.
- Interface with departments such as Operations, Marketing, Legal, Finance, Accounting, Field Quality, and Compliance to ensure service requirements are being met.
- Assists Sr. Buyer with the Execution of daily work efforts, as appropriate. Provides back-up support for Sr. Buyer, as needed. Assists in training new procurement coordinators/specialists including ongoing mentorship.
- Promotes a positive safety culture by fully complying with all safety policies and procedures, and applicable federal, states and local regulations.
- Any other duties as requested by management.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in business, supply chain management, related field or the equivalent in education and work experience.
- 3-5 years related work experience; 1+ years general office experience
- Certification in Supply Management Preferred
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Target Customer Needs