Commercial Construction Estimator
Do you want to work for one of the top commercial construction contractors in the area? Are you a pro at estimating complex construction projects, and you want to put your skills to the test? If this describes you, a highly respected, long standing General Contractor with a reputation for excellence in building is currently seeking an experienced Commercial Construction Estimator to join their organization.
The Estimator calculates preliminary job budgets and prepares formal job bids through interpreting blueprints, performing take-offs and estimating job costs. The Estimator interfaces with clients and their representatives to ensure that technical specifications and designs are feasible and consistent with industry standards.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Estimators are responsible for developing accurate and complete job estimates.
- The Estimator identifies project labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, written specifications and related documents.
- Conducts site visits and attends pre-bid meetings to understand project scope.
- Conducts review and take-off of blueprints.
- Solicits bids from subcontractors.
- Gathers subcontractor pricing and conducts scope review.
- Evaluate subcontractor bids to bid documents and plans to ensure that the full scope of work was considered. Also considers subcontractors ability to perform the work.
- Calculates costs of subcontract labor, general conditions, and materials.
- Collaborates with the client to help them achieve their project cost budget through consideration of plan details, alternate material/finishes and building methods.
- Works closely with Project Managers, Superintendents and the Pre-Construction team to maintain relationships with existing clients and subcontractors.
- Must possess a working knowledge of commercial construction documentation and pricing; able to read plans and specifications and translate them into estimates.
- BS/BA in Construction Management, Engineering or a related field and 5+ years of construction estimating experience or work within the construction field
- Experience with RFIs, Change orders, is highly preferred
- Experience with Bluebeam, On-screen Takeoff, Timberline or other estimating software a plus
- Industry leading compensation package
- Lucrative bonus program
- Full benefits package
Take the next step in your career and apply now!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 29 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
Construction Estimating Software