Staff AccountantCorestaff Services is seeking a Staff Accountant for our client located Santa Fe Springs CA as a Direct Hire opportunity.
Start time: 7:30am or 8am
Must have 3-5 years experience
Under general supervision, prepares and maintains ledger accounts, income and balance sheet statements including consolidated statements. Prepares financial and regulatory reports. May perform a variety of analysis or projects relating to financial accounting procedures, methods or systems.
1. Prepares and/or assists in the preparation and review of financial reports including the consolidated balance sheet, statement of income, statement of cash flows.
2. Reviews data contained in the general ledger, sub-ledgers and other financial systems to ensure accuracy and reasonableness of recorded financial transactions.
3. Prepares entries in the financial reporting system, ensuring timely and accurate resolution of any accounting problems.
4. Gathers and reviews financial data for inclusion in the financial and regulatory reports including insurance and taxes; reviews for completeness and compliance with regulatory requirements; prepares reports in a timely and accurate manner.
5. May assist in providing and/or preparing schedules, explanatory materials and other data as required for external auditors.
6. Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
7. Accuracy and attention to detail, aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills. Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.
Standard Accounting Practices