$70000.00 to $80000.00 yearly
Seeking an experienced Senior Staff Accountant/ Accounting Manager to oversee our accounting department and serve as the key support to the Corporate Controller. The Senior Accounting Manager will be responsible for monitoring general accounting practices developing internal accounting controls and building/mentoring a strong financial team. This position will report directly to our Corporate Controller and play an instrumental role in the financial future of the company. This position will have 3 direct reports (Staff Accountant, Accounts Payable Supervisor and Accounts Payable Clerk -Carrier (primary vendor)) with an additional 3 indirect reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Independently manage day-to-day accounting operations and ensure that there is a redundant process backup in place for every critical operation.
• Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy (proper coding/financial statement classification).
• Monitor and utilize technology to determine ways to automate the accounting process without sacrificing accuracy and accountability.
• Analyzes problems, identifying alternative solutions and implementing recommendations for resolution.
• Ensure an accurate and timely monthly and year-end close.
• Oversight and preparation of all monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
• Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
• Handle all personnel issues relating to direct and indirect staff – including, but not limited to annual reviews, establishment of goals and objectives and overall professional development.
• Serves as the finance team’s primary liaison with the Marketing department for periodic expense reviews (actuals vs budget/reforecasts).
• Serve as the primary resource for data requests from tax, audit and banking partners.
• Ensure timely and accurate governmental and industry surveys and filings.
• Handle all ad hoc field and departmental support and informational requests.
• Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
• Other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities
• Understanding and knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
• Excellent computer skills (MS Office) and ability to learn/adapt to various systems/technology.
• Excellent knowledge and experience with accounting software and databases.
• Committed employee with an excellent work ethic.
• Strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented and be able to effectively multi-task
• Excellent work ethic and sense of personal accountability related to all accounting and compliance functions.
• Critical thinker and effective problem-solving skills.
• Team player.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers and all levels of management
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting
• 3 years of public accounting experience or 5 years as a senior corporate accountant.
Please send resumes to: Email blocked - click to apply
Full Cycle Accounting
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Standard Accounting Practices