To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Strategic Sales Account Manager - Aerospace
Pall • US-Nationwide
Posted 3 days ago
- Organize account teams to effectively and efficiently build customer relationships to achieve desired budget requirements (Orders, Sales, New Program capture targets, Pricing) expectations.
- Identify new opportunities to build profitable market share and sustainable competitive advantage; creating value for new and existing customers
- Manage and develop relationships at all levels with customers
- Develop strategy, direction and monitor performance of their account teams
- Account manage designated customers in respect to growth and long term retention
- Accountable to collaborate with Commercial Operations on strategies to negotiate, conclude and manage contracts with customers NDA\PSA\LTA\TINA\License Agreements\Terms and Conditions
- Secure opportunities to quote on customer requirements and follow up on quotations to secure orders
- Provide technical service when appropriate to solve customer problems and ensure customer satisfaction with Pall products. Liaise with Engineering, SLS and Legal departments as required for technical support on product and order queries
- Accountable for the preparation, submission and negotiation of all legacy and new business pricing activities
- Accountable for the review and submittal of proposals in accordance with the Contract Review and local Delegation of Authority Policies.
- Keep abreast of competitive activity at existing customers and proactively direct field sales to customer accounts as needed
- Understand the Customer’s business and priorities
- Conduct internal account planning sessions with the Account Team
- Engage the Customer in the planning process
- Interface frequently with other department managers and their subordinates on contractual obligations, organizational projects and operational decisions.
- Interface with assigned customers as required related to cost proposal activities, contractual obligations or proposed pricing.
- Close the sale
- Ensure designated sales territory achieves key KPI targets (Orders/Sales/Pricing/Program awards, etc.)
- Monitor and regularly report progress against the projections
- Work with extended Account teams preparing projections in line with the targets of the business plan
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual KPI plans/projections to achieve desired targets
- Develop/maintain Sales Funnel management and discipline within the CRM system
- Create and maintain customer profile and SWOT including sales potential, operating structure sites, contacts and relevant information within CRM
- Establish and track account performance metrics
- Draw on available resources to achieve regional/market/product/account specific objectives
- Coordinate resources to present “One Face to the Customer”
- Provide coaching and leadership to the Account and Commercial Sales Team.
- Organize account teams to effectively and efficiently build customer relationships to achieve desired budget requirements (Orders, Sales, New Program capture targets, Pricing) expectations
- Ensure full compliance with export control, legal requirements, and ethical rules
- Bachelor Degree (ME or EE preferred).
- MBA Degree an asset
- Broad knowledge of the Aerospace market would be preferred.
- Experience selling high technology products with a preference for experience selling into the Aerospace and/or military sector
- Should have a strong technical aptitude and ability to fully understand the product line and its application.
- 5+ years of Sales experience. Aerospace and Defense industry sales experience preferred
- Experience executing at each stage of the sales process and adept at guiding others in developing selling skills
- Solid sales management experience (remote management). Experience coaching others on leading effective dialogue with customers to address needs is preferred.
- Experience in working with cross functional teams within large multinational customers and/or governmental military organizations
- Understanding of cost elements associated with the preparation of cost proposals.
- Experience in negotiating contract price and terms.
- Experience with sales funnel management (i.e. salesforce.com or equivalent)
- Maintains a high degree of technical expertise of the product and its application
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations and typical commercial PO terms and conditions would be a plus
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have the following proficiencies as it relates to MS Office.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations and typical Aerospace & Defense commercial PO terms and conditions would be preferred
- Understanding of cost elements associated with the preparation of TINA/Cost proposals.
- Military direct sales knowledge and experience is an asset
- Familiarity with current military programs and platforms
- Knowledgeable and able to navigate military procurement cycles for existing product and introduction of new products
- Access to military bases/program offices; security clearance is preferred.
- US Citizenship or Resident Alien status required to support government programs and projects.
- Selling high technology products to Aerospace customers
- Collaborative – consensus builder
- Able to exert impact and influence
- Action-oriented – drives execution and follow- through - motivated
- Strong negotiation and listening skills
- Innovative and analytical – creative problem solver – thinks ‘out of the box’
- Financial acumen. Understand financial reports and tools.
- Business acumen
- High level of self-confidence, drive and determination
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize actions, delegate effectively and work to agreed deadlines
- Able to anticipate/overcome/mitigate objections
- Outstanding presentation and communication (both written and verbal skills are strongly preferred
- Ability to develop business relationships with customers
- Ability to travel as required within territory and to various US/Canada regions when required
- Competent PC skill sets (Microsoft Office, CRM, etc.)
- Professional and highly motivated/driven individual who can self-manage territory and accounts utilizing Danaher Business Systems to drive growth.
- Must be able to travel domestically and well as internationally (60%)
US Citizenship or Resident Alien status required to support government programs and projects
Danaher Corporation Overview