This role oversees all production equipment with essential duties that include set up and operation of heavy machinery. In this role, you will ensure that all machinery is running efficiently, producing quality product, and complete minor mechanical work. You will also act as Team Lead in their absence and serve as a resource to the production staff.
- Operate heavy machinery to produce food-packaging products, which include maintaining equipment, keeping records, following production schedules, following safety guidelines, and making sure the final products meet quality standards.
- Assist in the installation, maintenance, and repair of machinery to include replacing belts, sensors, troubleshoot all machinery and equipment, and assist with changeovers, etc.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to production staff and assist with training and development.
- Conduct quality and safety audits; Conduct follow up on any findings to ensure they are properly resolved.
- Act as Team Lead when needed, which consists of managing labor, ensuring production goals are met as it relates to CPM, assisting with employee development, etc.
- Adhere to process standards and troubleshoot process issues including but not limited to temperature, miss trims, etc.
- Utilize LEAN tools to improve over equipment efficiency
extrusion molding exp is highly preferred !!!!
- Qualified candidates’ will have 2-years’ experience in a fast-paced production environment with some mechanical knowledge of industrial systems.
- Proven mechanical ability and aptitude with proven ability to troubleshoot and perform minor repairs on heavy machinery.
- Previous leadership experience, preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with little to no supervision.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
- Heavy Equipment
- Packaging And Processing Duties