EBA is seeking a Resident Engineer/Construction Manager with strong communication, documentation, technology, and organizational skills who will help deepen our construction management and inspection (CMI) team and help our company continue to deliver exceptional and client-focused services. The individual will oversee projects located in Washington, DC.
The Resident Engineer will:
* Work in field and office environments at construction sites for highway/public works projects.
* Serve as the primary contact between contractors, project owners, engineers of record, and other stakeholders.
* Provide quality oversight of project staff and deliverables.
* Manage submittal and RFI review processes in coordination with the office engineer.
* Lead project progress meetings with contractor, owner, and stakeholders.
* Review potential change orders, prepare independent cost estimates, make recommendation to project owner, and prepare all associated documentation.
* Resolve field construction issues with the contractor and project owner.
* Mentor and lead a team of inspectors with varying levels of experience and specialties and create a culture of inclusiveness and efficiency.
* Maintain a daily diary and develop project progress reports.
* Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering (civil, mechanical, electrical, structural, environmental, or systems disciplines), or related discipline
* A professional engineering license in Washington, DC
* 15 years of experience monitoring the construction of roads, highways, freeways, and bridges
* Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 software, Apple iOS, and Adobe/Bluebeam PDF manipulation
* Strong leadership acumen
* Experience with the District Department of Transportation (DDOT)
* Prefabricated bridge experience
* U.S. Citizen, Green Card Resident or Work Authorization in the United States
* Ability to successfully pass a federal, state, and local security background check
* Pre-employment drug screening
* Valid driver's license
At EBA, we appreciate that our success depends upon the experience, knowledge, and teamwork of our staff. As such, we make our commitment to employees count by valuing you and the work you do. We are committed to supporting diversity, opening doors, trading ideas, encouraging innovation, and giving our staff the required technological tools and ongoing training to perform exceptional work in an exceptional atmosphere. We offer a flexible work schedule that aligns with our employees' needs.
EBA provides civil/site, environmental, geotechnical, structural, transportation, water resources, and water systems engineering; surveying and mapping; construction management/inspection; field and laboratory material testing; asset management; and geospatial technologies services to clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
We encourage you to explore an exciting new career with us.
EBA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
- Apple Ios
- Asset Management
- Construction Management