Nurse Practitioner - Primary Care
Full Time, FTE: 1;
Nut Tree North
The Nurse Practitioner provides routine direct care to primary care clinic patients. Direct care duties include but are not limited to recheck and same day appointments. Performs physical examinations; performs or orders diagnostic tests; performs procedures and treatments; establishes diagnosis; prescribes medications; instructs patients and family members about medical conditions and treatment. Provides continuity for patient care with assigned physician practices. The Nurse Practitioner works in a collaborative/team model of care delivery to help maintain access to primary care and improve overall patient satisfaction.
1. Master’s degree required.
2. Graduate of an accredited nursing program including a Nurse Practitioner Program.
Licensure and Certifications:
1. Current California licensure as a Nurse Practitioner and National Board Certification by the American Nurse Credentialing Center, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, American Association of Critical Care Nurses, or Pediatric Nursing Certification Board.
2. Current AHA or equivalent certification in CPR.
3. Maintains a current DEA license for schedule 2 drugs and above. Maintains a current Furnishing Number for medications.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
1. Six years or more experience as a Nurse Practitioner in a Primary or Specialty care setting.
2. Prior mentor or leadership experience preferred.
3. Demonstrates ability to evaluate patient’s physical and emotional status.
4. Demonstrates ability to provide patient care based on age-related needs.
5. Demonstrates current knowledge and skill in providing appropriate care for patients in the following age groups: Pediatric, Adult, Young Adult, and Geriatric.
6. Demonstrates clear credentials check through the AHP process.
7. Demonstrates ability to clearly set behavioral limits.
8. Demonstrates ability to mentor others.
1. The NorthBay Way is a set of value-based behaviors that are to be consistently demonstrated and role modeled by all employees that work at NorthBay Healthcare. The NorthBay Way principles consist of Caring, Communication, Collaboration, and Competence.