Coordinate and/or perform additions and changes to network hardware and operating systems, and attached devices; includes investigation, analysis, recommendation, configuration, installation, and testing of new network hardware and software.
* Provide direct support in the day-to-day operations on network hardware and operating systems, including the evaluation of system utilization, monitoring response time and primary support for detection and correction of operational problems.
* Troubleshoot at the physical level of the network, working with network measurement hardware and software, as well as physical checking and testing of hardware devices at the logical level working with communication protocols.
* Maintain network infrastructure standards including network communication protocols such as TCP/IP. Provide technical consultation, training and support to IT staff as designated by the government.
* Perform a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned
with major systems design, integration, and implementation, including personnel, hardware, software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or equipment.
* Provide quality assurance review and the evaluation of new and existing software products.
Education: Associate's Degree preferred. Completes the following certifications within one and a half year after assuming duties: Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP) (Previously known as Certified Software Engineering Professional (CSEP)), or with COR approval complete a vendor/platform specific certification (e.g., Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Microsoft Certified Applications Developer (MCAD), Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), Sun Certified Professional (SCP), Red Hat Certification Program (RHCP), CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Oracle Certified Professional (OCP), other).
Experience: Five (5) years directly related experience with the maintenance or development of software programs/applications based in UNIX or C or other applicable computer languages. Computerized System experience, to include: Design, Development, Test and Evaluation, Network Protocols, LAN administration fundamentals, and UNIX and/or Windows based operating system.
Secret clearance required.
Other Job Specific Skills
The following certifications are highly desirable but would be considered a plus:
* Security +
* GSEC -GIAC Security Engineer
* SCNP - Security Certified Network Professional
* SSCP - Systems Security Certified Practitioner
In addition, experience with the following is especially desirable:
* Ivanti APPSENSE
* Virtual Engineering
* DISA Mil Cloud
* AWS Cloud
* Amazon Web Services
* Microsoft AZURE
Write Technical Specification
Maintain Enterprise Application
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)