National Director Job Description
As a National Director of Strategic Accounts, you will be responsible for cultivating high potential SA accounts by working with both internal and external customers and will be responsible for the overall growth of the accounts in conjunction with the respective assigned VP’s. Working within a specific client portfolio, you will develop enterprise-wide relationships with key stakeholders within their respective organizations. The purpose of these relationships is to represent and sell Robert Half’s suite of offerings and capabilities across all disciplines and geographies, concentrating mainly on the lines of business. The focused responsibilities can vary for each account and will constantly change throughout the life cycle of the deal. The ultimate goal is to grow overall revenue by directly and indirectly generating starts/projects within the account, develop C-level contacts that drive long-term client retention and become the expert on your portfolio accounts to ensure consistent high level service/delivery from all Robert Half branches. Key responsibilities are:
• Identify, develop, grow, and nurture long-term client relationships with key hiring authorities by targeting the C-level suite and Sr. management to leverage our national agreement and create new business opportunities across all lines of business and geographies.
• Travel and meet with key decision makers at locations where there is a need for staffing, consulting or project-based services.
• Identify and discuss current & future business opportunities within various departments of the client’s organization and proactively market to these individuals in order to grow the client portfolio.
• Responsible for revenue generating activities such as in-person Client Visits and Marketing Calls via telephone to new and existing contacts within the SA client to expand utilization of our services while providing outstanding customer service to ensure client expectations are met.
• Identify and attend applicable networking events on a regular basis.
• Targeted usage of electronic marketing tools such as LinkedIn and Zoom Info to develop, identify and target client contacts to personally develop or share with the field teams.
• In assigned MSP/VMS accounts, partner with the MSP Program office and end client to ensure a strong relationship and understanding of how to best work with the account. This could include recurring meetings to review openings and/or gather additional information to help the field fill open requisitions, receiving advanced notice on open jobs/projects, reducing the amount of suppliers working on the open requisitions, and attending QBR’s and supplier forums.
• May function as RH’s national point of contact for corporate contacts and national buyers. May be involved with trouble shooting escalations, service level concerns, and questions related to contracted capabilities.
• Facilitate project management on large staffing projects where applicable.
• Act as a liaison between the SA Client, the field, and SA Services for the purposes of driving starts within their target companies.
• Collaborate with key RH locations to understand what relationships already exist and ensure they have what they need to successfully build and/or expand relationships with the clients in your portfolio. This can include but not limited to joint CV’s, conference calls, client call blitzes, strategy meetings, and sharing/leveraging information from other successful locations. The goal is to expand the RH location’s reach/influence locally while continue to expand RH’s reach/influence nationally/globally.
• Educate RH field teams on the account’s structure, key points of contacts, potential staffing opportunities and compliance process
• Engage appropriate levels of field management to collaborate on growing market share and revenues within each portfolio company.
• Build internal relationships within all of our specialized lines of business and project-based solutions to best leverage RH capabilities and quickly deliver solutions to our clients.
• Ensure active locations within a successful MSP/VMS relationship have the training, tools and engagement needed to support the level of business required to fulfill our end-user’s needs. This can include: conducting trainings with local branch offices/field staff focused on marketing approach or candidate match, reviewing submittals, coaching teams on the pre-wire process and/or leading the way from a marketing standpoint and introducing local order placers to the field.
• Maintain an accurate/detailed log of client contacts and meetings in CRM system (Salesforce).
• Possess 3+ years of business development experience.
• Excellent negotiation and presentation skills at the executive level i.e., CFO, Controller, Director of Finance, Sr. Human Resource executives, etc.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• 50% or more travel may be required.
• Self-starter; attention to detail surrounding client account
• Ability to organize, prioritize, multi-task and operate under pressure
Competency: Communication and Collaboration, Competition and Ambition, Demonstrating Initiative, Integrity and Ethics, Results and Execution, Time and Stress Management