Be more than just an employee number! Join Terran Orbital, the leader in innovation, manufacturing, and operations in the small satellite industry. We are a pioneer in the miniaturization of space technologies and the delivery of responsive space solutions. We are a unique, fast growing, and trusted team focused on quickly and economically designing, building, launching, and operating state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission constellations.
Terran Orbital Corporation is seeking a(n) experienced Assistant Engineer Manager at our Irvine, CA location. Aa an Assistant Engineering Manager, the candidate will work with a multidisciplinary team to develop innovative skills to work with the engineering and technology department. Overseeing the day to day of the engineers to ensure production is in accordance with regulations providing a framework of structural growth while overseeing the success and production of projects for internal and external clients.Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering / Engineering Management
- 3-5 years of managerial experience overseeing a team of dedicated engineers
- Self-starter with ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Energy and passion to invent and create new solutions, challenge the status quo, and drive positive change.
- Highly organized with strong project management skills.
- Experience leading and facilitating daily tasks in accordance with company needs.
- To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working knowledge of documenting software's (i.e., JIRA, AutoCAD, workable)
- Plan and coordinate engineering projects and supervise multiple teams
- Identify and recommend improvements to electrical engineers
- Offer comprehensive service with a solution through problem solving strategy
- Manage engineering team
- Shadow VP of Manufacturing/Senior Management
- Researching and developing skilled strategic approach to ensure client / company needs comply
- Work closely with quality, production, and supply chain to ensure new product is manufacturable with high quality and first pass yield.
- Determine the need for taking and talent development
- Develop and maintain a reporting framework, and working across functions to access and evaluate data to ensure corrective actions are taken in areas of poor performance
- Employee Equity Incentive Program
- Company-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(K) Match
- Unlimited PTO
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In addition, please note that this position may also require the possession of an existing United States National Security clearance or eligibility for such a clearance. ABOUT TERRAN ORBITAL:
Founded in 2013 in Irvine, California, with headquarters in Boca Raton, Florida. Terran Orbital is a leading manufacturer of small satellites primarily serving the United States and Allied aerospace and defense industries. Terran Orbital provides end-to-end satellite solutions by combining satellite design, production, launch planning, mission operations, and in-orbit support to meet the needs of the most demanding military, civil, and commercial customers.
Learn more at www.terranorbital.com
Terran Orbital is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Auto Cad
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Management