Hiring Immediately for Paratransit Drivers in Nassau Country, NY
$3,000 sign-on-bonus paid out in 3 increments over the first year of employment!
Transdev is hiring Paratransit Drivers in Nassau County, NY to provide passengers with disabilities with safe, friendly transportation in vehicles designed for wheelchair lifts, seats and other special access. This position focuses on non-emergency medical transportation, but we welcome candidates with experience in customer service, home health-care, and providing high-quality patient or other care. Transdev proudly serves our communities with ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) transportation. Come join the largest private-sector operator of public transportation in North America – one that cares about its employees, passengers and their communities.
What we offer:
- Starting hourly rate $18.93 after training
- $3,000 sign-on-bonus paid out in 3 increments over the first year of employment
- Medical/Dental/Vision health benefits
- Paid time off
- Ability to advance your career
How we are keeping our employees and customers safe:
- Strict adherence to CDC Guidelines
- Enhanced vehicle cleaning/disinfecting measures with concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
- PPE Distribution (Hand Sanitizer, masks, gloves)
- Social Distancing Enforced
- Enhanced facility cleaning/disinfecting measures with concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
What you will be doing:
The Paratransit Bus Operator will transport our customers through Nassau County in a safe and prudent manner, in accordance with all city, county, state and federal laws, as well as company rules and policies. Care for our customers means assisting customers with disabilities and the elderly. Successfully perform scheduled manifest by picking up all clients on time and delivering them to their destinations safely and within a reasonable time frame
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle; sets correct destination and route signs
- Operates various types of vehicles, as assigned, safely, in all types of weather and traffic conditions, according to printed passenger schedules and Operators schedules
- Arrives and signs in on time; works hours as scheduled; wears clean, neat uniforms
- Picks up and discharges passengers at scheduled locations safely; regulates heating and ventilating equipment on the bus for the comfort of passengers
- Collects proper cash fares, following fare collection procedures
- Reports all accidents, incidents, or unusual occurrences to dispatch office immediately; submits written reports on accidents, incidents or unusual occurrences as required
- Accurately completes all reports
- Follows rules and regulations of the Company
- Adheres to all regulations related to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA); assists passengers as needed, to enter and exit vehicle safely; correctly operates wheelchair lift with proper safety restraints as requested by the customer
- Provides transit information to passengers as needed
- Other duties as required
Who you are:
- 21 years old or older with a high school diploma, GED or equivalent
- A valid NY State CDL Class C or higher driver's license with full passenger air brakes in good standing is required.
- Previous bus or heavy duty vehicle driving experience preferred
- Excellent customer and communication skills
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed
Transdev is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit and shuttle services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe, sustainable, and innovative mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and contribute to a more sustainable environment.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers or contact us at
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)