Customer Service Representative
Location: San Antonio, TX
- Answer inbound member calls and accurately complete requested transactions regarding Client deposit, credit cards, and loan products.
- Provide a Best-in-Class member experience in all member interactions.
- Answer member inquiries via chat functionality and outbound calls.
- Calmly research, resolve, and de-escalate member questions or issues.
- Resolve problems that are within authority to resolve. Refer problems that are beyond authority to resolution team, along with recommendations for resolution.
- Update member records and document member calls.
- Act as a liaison between members and various departments.
- Maintain working knowledge of Client deposit, credit cards, and loan products.
- Participate in team meetings to ensure objectives are being met.
- Meet cross-selling and productivity metrics each month.
- Successfully complete different phases of training consisting of different call topics.
- Educate members on Client products and services to best support their financial goals.
- Efficiently navigate multiple banking platforms via internet browsers and other software.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Associate’s degree or 1 year of college-level education or a combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
- A minimum of one (1) year customer service experience in a call center, service-oriented environment, or financial setting preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Exceptional time management skills required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, phone queue/call center environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in standard business computer operations, internet applications, web browsers, e-mail, and various Windows-based software applications.
- Ability to work in multiple systems to obtain account data and complete research and requests for members and applicants in a timely manner.
- Ability to present a consistently positive and professional presence over the phone.
- Ability to adapt and embrace changes in organization, processes and systems as needed.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at