Tough challenges? We know a thing or two about those. When you're on a mission to help people live healthier lives, the stakes couldn't be higher. As a Business Analyst Consultant, you will help rewrite the future of the health care system. You'll analyze data and deliver bold, business-savvy ideas to impact the lives of millions. Along with ground-breaking challenge, you'll have the support and resources of a Fortune 6 company. Join us.
As a Financial Consultant on the Clinical Performance – Strategy, Investments, and Finance team, you will be empowered to support short and long term operational / strategic business activities; develop, enhance and maintain operational information and models that will have an impact on business decisions. In this leadership role, you will report to the Director - Clinical Performance, and will have the opportunity to create valuable solutions to improve the health care system. Clinical Performance aims at improving the Quadruple Aim through analysis, implementation, and management of programs supporting Risk Adjustment Coding Accuracy, Quality (HEDIS / STARS), and Affordability (managing high quality outcomes at a sustainable medical trend).
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support financial planning and management for the Clinical Performance team supporting OptumCare. Engagement will be with clinical, financial, operational, and technology cross functional partners.
- Manage day to day invoicing and vendor management processes
- Manage reporting and enhance analytics for workforce requisition governance and process
- Support Clinical Performance Innovation Fund team in development of new Cost-Benefit Analysis for market initiatives
- Seek opportunities for cost and operational optimization and efficiency in Clinical Performance operations and maintenance associated with capital programs and technology assets
- Establish, implement, and monitor processes for driving more efficient departmental operations
- Perform other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance / accounting or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in financial management, including investment analysis
- 3+ years of experience working in complex matrix organizations
- 3+ years of experience in managing projects or coordinating projects
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experienced working in managed care / health care insurance industry
- Experience working with clinical leaders
- Experience working with technology leaders
- Fortune 500 experience
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong team player and collaborator
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords; Senior Business Manager, Financial Operations, telecommute, work from home, Eden Prairie, MN