Job Title: Senior Human Resources Specialist
Report to: ECS VP Human Resources
Location: McLean, Virginia
FLSA Status: Full-Time / Non-Exempt
Dynalectric is part of EMCOR Group, Inc. (NYSE: EME), a Fortune 500® leader in mechanical and electrical construction, industrial and energy infrastructure, and building services for a diverse range of businesses. For 10 consecutive years EMCOR Group, Inc. has been named one of the Top 5 \u0022World's Most Admired\u0022 Companies in the Engineering and /Construction Industry by Fortune®. Dynalectric provides support to the EMCOR Construction Services (ECS) business which is a nationwide group of 40+ electrical and mechanical companies with annual revenues of $4.5+ billion and employs a workforce of 16,000.
For years EMCOR Group, Inc. has been the largest mechanical contractor, and the second largest electrical contractor in the United States. ECS performs projects that are up to several hundred million dollars in revenue, as well as thousands of small projects. The type of facilities built by ECS companies include hospitals, data centers, transportation and water infrastructure, power plants, hospitality/office/residential/education/institutional buildings, refineries, food processing plants, etc. ECS designs, installs and maintains high-performance mechanical and electrical systems that enable safe, effective, and high-quality lighting, electricity, security, plumbing, heating, cooling, and power generation. The Dynalectric team, located in McLean, VA, provides key support for its electrical and mechanical companies throughout the US.
This is an excellent position for the experienced HR Specialist seeking a higher level of HR responsibility and a potential path to HR Manager, based on job performance (ever increasing skills, excellent customer service, and a great team player). This is a unique opportunity to be part of a Fortune 500 company, yet you’ll work in a small office (less than 20 onsite) and have HR responsibilities for a distributed EMCOR Construction Services (ECS) HQ team (located in about 10 states). Our ECS HQ HR team is small yet very experienced. Our HR team consists of the ECS VP HR, VP HR, Director HR & Recruiting, Sr HR Analyst, and Administrative Assistant. When you demonstrate consistent top performance on fulfilling this role, our experienced HR leaders will help coach and develop your HR skills and increase your level of responsibilities.
The Sr HR Specialist requires a self-starter with great organizational skills and ability to learn new systems and processes. Every day will require a focus on HR compliance, staying organized while completing assignments, and always possessing exceptional customer service and teamwork skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Supports ECS HQ HR team by:
- Independently drafting internal and external correspondence (emails, letters). Communications are professional in appearance and in tone.
- Ensuring ECS HQ HR compliance (i.e., I-9, Proof of COVID Vaccination recordkeeping and protocol, completion of compliance training, handbook acknowledgements, personnel and medical files, employment law posters, etc.). This support includes not only ECS HQ employees located in Virginia but also for those located in approximately 10 other states. This compliance support could eventually expand to include providing guidance and courtesy reviews to ECS operating companies located throughout the United States.
- Creates and maintains ECS HR calendar/schedule of activities.
- Creates (or edits) PowerPoint presentations for HR related training. May facilitate training (i.e., sending out Teams meeting requests, saving PowerPoint or recorded training to a Teams site, or may even help present part of the training).
- Supports the EMCOR Corporate Management Training nomination process by seeking nominees from our 40+ nation-wide operating companies using Smartsheet. Recommends process improvements to continuously streamline nomination process as well as other processes.
- Using EMCOR templates, drafts offer packets, completes special separation agreements, drafts job descriptions, and other related documents, as needed.
- Assigns ECS HQ compliance training courses using ACTS (Activity Collection and Tracking System). Regularly follows up on course completion and notifies employees when courses not completed. Runs reports from ACTS and updates ECS HQ HR leaders on course completion and challenges incurred. As skills build using ACTS, the Sr HR Specialist will also run ECS-wide compliance training reports, providing updates (with numbers, percents, charts) to ECS HQ HR.
- Ownership of the ECS HQ HR onboarding and orientation process as it relates to UltiPro, benefit elections, new hire paperwork, contact lists, systems access and ordering of equipment in Cherwell. Develop an all-inclusive new-hire checklist within first few months of hire.
- Ownership of the ECS HQ HR termination process as it relates to UltiPro, exit paperwork and interviews, coordinating final checks, gathering company equipment, closing systems access and routing emails. Develop an all-inclusive termination checklist within first few months of hire.
- Posts jobs on UltiPro at ECS HQ HR leadership request for the division level or the operating companies. Manage the recruiting compliance and maintenance process from posting, to dispositioning, to closing out the jobs and running applicant flow reports as needed. Support operating companies with UltiPro recruiting and onboarding inquiries as needed.
- Responsible for supporting or leading special HR assignments or projects.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Dynalectric requires all employees who will be required to work onsite, whether regularly or sporadically to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to [obtain/show proof of] a complete COVID-19 vaccination. Dynalectric is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University in Human Resource Management or a related field preferred.
- Approximately 3 years progressive experience in human resources administration required, Experience must include HR administration and HR compliance responsibilities.
- Must demonstrated knowledge of Federal, State, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Experience with FMLA and ADA requirements and COVID protocols.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining confidence in all sensitive matters (i.e., employee relations, pay, etc.).
- PHR certification a plus.
REQUIRED ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills. This includes ability to efficiently draft professional emails and letters
Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Excel requires ability to construct an appropriate spreadsheet, filter, sort, create charts) Experience with Smartsheet and Publisher desirable.(Note: If interviewed, we maybe requesting demonstration of proficiency using a sample from an actual job requirement)
Must be people oriented and results driven.
Must make sound decisions and produce accurate and timely results.
Must build positive working relationships with multiple levels of employee and management.
Must demonstrate integrity, adherence to confidentiality and professionalism.
Must demonstrate commitment to company value (Mutual Respect and Trust; Commitment to Safety; Teamwork; Integrity; Discipline; and Transparency)
Must prioritize in a fast paced multi-task environment.
Must work with effectively with minimal supervision in a team environment.
Exhibit willingness and ability to learn and improve.
Must be well-organized, friendly, polite, respectful, and be able to deal with a constantly changing environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; move within the office to retrieve files and meet with employees in their offices or conference room.
Able to work at a computer (reading and keying) for extended periods of time.
This role requires communicating verbally and in writing one on one, in small groups, as well as presenting to larger groups of employees.
Infrequently required to travel by car (as a passenger or driver) or by airplane.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- Industrial Relations
- Self Motivation