A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You’ll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth. Our Operations Support team monitors the overall quality of our service. As a part of the team, you’ll be the primary contact for ensuring the quality of our services is maintained while also considering better ways to provide the same service in a more cost efficient manner and keeping customer satisfaction with our services high.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
The Operations Team is responsible for serving as a strategic business partners across IT and other functional units as well as the lines of service. The primary focus of this team is to identify trends in performance of qualitative and quantitative data related to IT Operations and propose innovative solutions/services to IT leadership and business stakeholders.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
6 year(s) of progressive roles managing IT operations quality control, process improvement, and compliance.
Preferred Fields of Study:
Microsoft Certified Professional or greater
Microsoft AZ-103 or other Azure based certifications
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in the following areas:
- Managing the support and operations of information technology-related application and infrastructure services across a global network of professional services firms, emphasizing global technology needs in various IT technical areas;
- Driving Continuous Integration and DevOps;
- Sustaining agile Release Management;
- Implementing deployment of code, establishing quality of deployments, as well as release and change processes;
- Establishing IT Service Management industry-leading practices (ITIL);
- Exhibiting conceptual knowledge of enterprise services such as VPN, identity management;
- Highlighting web application security practices;
- Influencing others in a leadership capacity, proactively building strong working relationship within assigned customer organization;
- Designing strategies and release management processes in a complex application and services environment;
- Managing the SLAs for release planning, building, checking and final deployment of software services;
- Managing the SLAs for incident and problem management, leading troubleshooting calls, driving root cause analysis and implementing solutions to prevent recurring events;
- Managing relationships across the organization at multiple levels;
- Identifying and addressing customer needs by developing and sustaining extensive customer relationships using networking, negotiation and persuasion skills to identify and offer potential new support service opportunities;
- Preparing and presenting complex written and verbal materials including those articulating technical changes;
- Prioritizing workflow, managing schedules and resourcing operational support teams;
- Translating industry specific knowledge into service improvement opportunities yielding quantifiable results;
- Understanding solution designs/architectures and building on compliance with mandatory standards;
- Planning and building releases for application services (build application release cluster, align applications, technology, and operations management for optimal resource oriented deployment);
- Performing as a team lead, leading teams to generate a vision, establish direction, and motivate members;
- Creating new thought leadership materials for Application Technical Support practices and processes;
- Coaching on development plans, reviewing development plans and self assessments within Firm guidelines and timelines;
- Creating an atmosphere of trust, leveraging diverse views and coaching staff to encourage improvement and innovation; and,
- Demonstrating a proven record of success in the following areas: Remote team management, Windows technology stack (IIS, .NET, SQL, Azure), Azure DevOps Release Management, Application monitoring and instrumentation strategies, Operational metrics collection and presentation, Organization and prioritization of multiple application workstreams, and Site reliability practices in a highly available service environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.