The following is a list of specific duties which are considered the essential functions of this job. The list is not exhaustive, as all positions at the company are dynamic. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Electro-mechanical skills, computer controls, with ability to program, ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical and fluid power breakdowns on manufacturing and facility equipment.
- Must have experience in identifying basic hand tools. Printing industry experience a plus. Prior maintenance/electrical experience necessary. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of four years hands on experience in mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and repair of high speed equipment.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English. Must have working knowledge of basic mechanical fundamentals. Perform tasks per instructions. Work well without supervision when needed
- Prepare equipment and materials as needed and effectively operate the equipment including the following:
- Measuring instruments (micrometers, tape measures, dial calipers, multimeters)
- Precision machines (drill press, mill, lathes)
- Hand tools (drills, wrenches, grinders)
- Material handling equipment (forklifts, cranes, and overhead hoists)
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office and SAP
All types of machinery involved in the folding carton industry. Must have own tools needed to make mechanical and/or electrical repairs.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Industrial Maintenance experience, printing experience preferred
- OSHA 10 Hour certification. 30 Hour certification preferred
- Company issued Fork Truck Operator’s license.
To qualify and perform this job successfully, an individual must have met the administrative and skill qualifications for the position, exhibit and model the characteristics of Graphic Packaging International’s Core Values (Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, Relationships and Accountability), be able to work independently and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The functions, specifications and physical demands listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster