To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Burbank, CA 91506
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Accountant - AUS
Aramark • Burbank, CA
Posted 2 months ago
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more atwww.aramark.com or connect with us onFacebook andTwitter.
Aramark Uniform Services (AUS) provides uniforms and related products to more than 400,000 customers nationwide, in virtually every industry. From designing and manufacturing to laundering and delivering, AUS works with local and national clients to create and maintain a total uniform solution that promotes teamwork and establishes a professional identity. AUS operates from over 200 locations nationwide and has an opportunity for aSenior Accountantin Burbank, CA.
Write journal entries and ensure all monthly information is received and processed for Uniform Services month-end close. Prepare accurate and timely financial statements and reports. Analyze variances to projection, plan and prior year.
- Own accounting and reporting for selected overhead locations/departments
- Prepare journal entries for various accruals, actual expenses, reserves, etc. Clearly document sources of data and reasoning for entries.
- Analyze trends, write accrual journal entries, and reconcile reserves for specific, more intricate overhead locations. Isolate and report on p/l impact of transactions booked after preliminary close to determine company’s final EBIT.
- Analyze specific area of the balance sheet, for example A/R, inventory, intangibles, cash, explain variances to prior periods. Calculate metrics specific to these reconciliations. Understand and explain subsystem interface to general ledger.
- Complete ad hoc reporting to support business analysis questions. Develop skills to extract and sort information posted to g/l using Oracle and Hyperion financial tools. Use spreadsheets and text to explain variances.
- Troubleshoot financial system questions or issues. Answer user questions around functionality. Test selected new areas of functionality or system upgrades. Test changes to core financial statements. Support data interfacing into general ledger system, identify and isolate errors. Coordinate corrections or fixes with IT.
- Assist in planning / projecting expenses for overhead locations, or for selected total company expense categories.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the activities noted above.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience:
- Possess 4 to 7 years prior accounting experience.
- Must have strong spreadsheet experience required (experience with pivot tables, macros, for example).
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of Oracle and Hyperion Financials preferred.
- Must be organized, flexible self-starter.
- Possess the ability to follow-up and complete projects/tasks on time with minimal supervision.
- Must have Solid problem-solving skills, which include well-supported proposed solutions to issues
- Must be detail oriented with a strong ability to multitask.
- Must be able to manage time to meet established time cutoffs.
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran