To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Minneapolis, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Operational Risk Consultant 4 - Financial Crimes, External Fraud, Insider Threat
Wells Fargo • Minneapolis, MN
Posted 1 month ago
Let’s talk about building a rewarding career
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
We have an excellent opportunity for an Operational Risk Consultant in Enterprise Information Technology. In this new role you will represent EIT on Financial Crimes risk matters requiring review, and ensure that all Financial Crimes, Fraud, and Insider Threat Risk Management deliverables are satisfied accurately, completely, and timely.
Candidates will become EIT’s subject matter expert for multiple risk areas relating to existing risk areas like Financial Crimes, and External Fraud. This person will also assist with forming risk areas like Insider Threat, and Ethics. Candidates will need to represent EIT’s interests to the Enterprise groups responsible for creating the operational risk policies and programs related to these areas. This person will need to be able to articulate Enterprise requirements to stakeholders within EIT, and create internal policies and procedures that reflect EIT’s standards above-and-beyond what is required by the Enterprise. This person will be responsible for monitoring on the portfolio of risks within these risk disciplines and reporting on the adequacy of EIT’s compliance with requirements through various forums and committees. Monitoring of risk will include periodic deep-dive assessments that this person will conduct.
The successful candidate will have a well-rounded operational risk and/or technical background. The candidate will need to possess a background that enables them to interact with engineers, administrators, and architects in discussions about requirements and deliverables.
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to learn and assimilate information from multiple people and sources
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
Other Desired Qualifications
- Previous risk assessment experience within the last 5 years
- Understanding of Wells Fargo operational risk programs
- Degree in Technology or related field
- Related certification (e.g. CISSP, CISA, GIAC, etc.)
- Anti Money Laundering (AML) and/or Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) experience
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.