Benchmark provides comprehensive solutions across the entire product lifecycle; leading through its innovative technology and engineering design services, leveraging its optimized global supply chain, and delivering world-class manufacturing services. The industries we serve include: commercial aerospace, defense, advanced computing, next generation telecommunications, complex industrials, medical, and semiconductor capital equipment.
The Test Engineer provides support for test processes on the production floor and product startups.
• Coordinates the installation of production test equipment
• Performs test equipment qualifications and characterization
• Coordinates the installation of hardware and software updates as required
• Proposes ideas for custom tooling for overall test process and equipment improvement
• Participates in Lean, Six Sigma, and Kyzen continuous improvement activities
• Assists in reviewing engineering design drawings and DFX reports prior to production release for testability
• Assists in developing product specific test programs
• Works with cross functional teams to address corrective actions
• Assists maintenance in developing preventative maintenance and calibration procedures
• Analyzes line return information to understand and drive corrective action on test process issues
• Complies and follows all company policies and procedures
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Effective multitasking skills and the ability to take on additional responsibilities as required
• Effective organization and prioritization skills
• Demonstrate high attention to detail
• Ability to work with diverse groups
• Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, independent judgment and professionalism.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and guidance, exercising discretion and independent judgment.
• Understanding of and ability to use continuous improvement tools.
• Strong customer service and client focus
• Working knowledge of productivity tools, including Microsoft Office products and WebEx conferencing software
• Understanding of electrical design principles
• Ability to work individually or in teams
• Ability to support a 24/7 global business operation as required
• Ability to lift 75 lbs. to manage test fixtures
• Understanding of and ability to use metrics and continuous improvement tools (e.g. DPMO, FPY, DPM, Six Sigma, FMEA, etc.)
• >5 years of electronics manufacturing experience
• Lean Sigma Greenbelt
• Familiarity with advanced technologies and applications
• Master of advanced technologies and applications
• Able to travel up to 20% including day and overnight as required
• 4 year degree in Electrical/Computing Engineering, Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent combination of education and experience as approved by executive management
Shift: Shift 1
Corrective And Preventive Actions