Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You have high standards. So do we. Here at UnitedHealth Group, this includes offering an innovative new standard for care management. It goes beyond counseling services and verified referrals to programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. That means you'll have an opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale - as part of an incredible team culture that's defining the future of behavioral health care.
If you live within a commutable distance of the Eden Prairie, MN office, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
The hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm CST.
- Provide telephonic care coordination to members with a mental health disability and on MN Medicaid
- Complete 1x/year face-to-face meeting for qualified members (Post-COVID)
- Manage gaps in care for members in both their mental health and medical needs; i.e. readmissions to higher levels of care, annual exams/services, etc.
- Manage member transitions to and from acute care settings (admissions/discharges)
- Complete annual Health Risk Assessments and Care Plans for members
- Coordinate and collaborate care with providers, facilities and supports
- Make clinically appropriate referrals for members
- Coordinate and authorizes medically appropriate services for members
- Answer calls on the Special Needs Basic Care (SNBC) member queue and on the crisis line
- Schedule and facilitate care conferences with member’s providers
- Work with internal clinical teams for management of members’ needs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Independently Licensed (unrestricted and in good standing) in Minnesota: LP, LPC, LICSW, LPCC, LMFT or RN
- 3+ years of post-graduate clinical experience
- Live within a commutable distance of the Eden Prairie, MN office
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Case Management experience
- Experience working in a strength base recovery model
- Experience with motivational interviewing
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and manage a case load
Discover a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day - and where every day is another opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 7, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Care Coordinator, Case Management, Medicaid, Acute Care, Risk Assessments, Special Needs, Disability, Minnesota, Eden Prairie, Minnetonka, Telecommute, LP, LPC, LICSW, LMFT, RN