UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
What’s your next step? How will you leverage the study, training, certifications, and your energy to help develop solutions to transform the health care industry? As an Associate Director at UnitedHealth Group, you can do just that. You’ll lead complex actuarial projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives and helping to make the health system work better for everyone. It’s an opportunity to help rewrite the future of UnitedHealth Group as you participate in the development of business strategy.
If you are located in Fort Worth, TX, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Calculate monthly actuarial contract reserves, for GAAP, Statutory and Tax reporting
- Lead actuarial analysts in developing the active population for calculation of Member Reporting, Premium Accruals and Earned Premium
- Develop Statutory and GAAP reporting exhibits, with appropriate auditable documentation
- Maintain actuarial reserving software GGY AXIS to produce contract reserves aligning with current GAAP, Statutory and Tax requirements
- Review emerging experience to develop and maintain reserving assumptions
- Work in a cross-functional team with claim reserving team, accountants, IT and Pricing actuaries to ensure that financial results are produced correctly and on-time
- Assist with non-standard requests, ad hoc questions, and review of model outputs
- Communicate reserving results to senior management and explanation of unexpected changes in reserves
- Work with the Pricing Actuaries on financial impacts of new product ideas
- Manage the workload and career development of a small staff of actuarial analysts
- Build strong relationships across teams that will serve to strengthen our products for our members and your network for future career development
The challenges and opportunities here are significant. You’ll be part of an intensely driven and focused team that is accountable for constantly improving business results. You’ll be a trusted subject matter expert who’s called on to incorporate traditional actuarial expertise into novel, cutting edge actuarial solutions.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- ASA (Associate of the Society of Actuaries) or FSA (Fellow of the Society of Actuaries) designation
- 4+ years of professional Actuarial experience
- Experience working in the healthcare industry, or life insurance financial reporting
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel
- Proficiency with databases: SQL (Structured Query Language), SAS (Statistical Analysis System), or Microsoft Access
- 7+ years of actuarial experience
- Experience with GGY AXIS or other actuarial reserving software, such as MG ALFA, ARCVAL, Polysystems, etc.
- Experience with Peoplesoft or other Accounting System
- Experience in dealing with internal auditors, external auditors, state examination requests
- Familiarity with US GAAP and Statutory financial reporting
- Advanced proficiency with SAS (Statistical Analysis System) and/or SQL (Structured Query Language)
- Proficiency with VBA
- Sound communication and presentation skills
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Associate Director Actuarial Services, ASA, FSA, Healthcare, Actuary, GGY Axis, Statutory and Gap Reporting, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Fort Worth, TX, Texas