SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.Job Description
The Director, Sales CBE NAM drives the sales and business development of the Medical Device market of Certification and Business Enhancement (CBE) within North American region: US and Canada. Provides leadership, direction, training, development and mentoring to the sales team in the Medical Device market. Defines qualitative and quantitative sales targets which will meet the company’s budget and objectives. Establishes commission and reward schemes which will cost effectively motivate and drive the sales team to exceed their targets and drive cross-selling. Constantly monitors and strives to improve the performance and effectiveness of the sales function. Proactively researches and develops new products to bring to CBE’s Medical Device service portfolio and develop strategic growth initiatives and tactical sales execution plans for growth.
- Develops a sales strategy and be responsible for the sales team for the Medical Device market achieving the monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets to meet the company’s financial objectives.
- Sets individual sales targets for the sales team, in line with the business sector strategy.
- Develops the group sales commission and reward schemes which effectively drives performance and achieving sales goals
- Establishes and monitors the sales team activity KPIs to achieve results i.e. Phone calls/emails, client visits, proposals, win conversion rate. Reports out monthly to the management team.
- Leads weekly sales team pipeline review meetings at the business sector level to drive accountability and accelerate the volume and velocity of opportunities converted to wins.
- Recruits, trains and develops sales managers and other members of the sales team in line with agreed resource plans and objectives. Establishes a high performing sales team with low employee turnover.
- Develops transactional and consultative sales skills for the sales team to effectively sell the entire portfolio of services. Establishes strategic selling objectives to grow existing accounts and win market share.
- Identifies and disseminates best practice within the sales team.
- Collaborates with other business unit sales teams to cross-sell services.
- Manages the overall commercial activities of the sales team including proposal development and submission, client contract terms and conditions review, and the pricing strategy.
- Ensures that all sales activity is reported and maintained in the CRM for timely monitoring and management review.
- Coordinates with Marketing on their implementation of marketing activities (Traditional and Digital) to ensure they’re in support of the sales objectives and will generate a high volume of leads necessary to growing the sales pipeline.
- Works with the Business Sector and Operations Managers to establish constructive and positive customer relationships with high retention rates.
- Leads the sales effort by identifying opportunities for the sales team to convert by working with target accounts and the business team to develop and sell value added services.
- Identifies and implements specific sales programs to take advantage of short and long-term opportunities, based on industry analysis and market segmentation.
- Develops, approves and monitors costs incurred by the sales team to achieve profitability targets.
- Works with Operations and key account management team to ensure the timely and successful delivery of services to our clients.
- Manages a diverse portfolio consisting of a mix of solution oriented and transactional products.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Travels up to 50% of the time; may include some international travel
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related discipline
- 15+ years of experience in the Certification industry. Experience in the Testing, Inspection, Certification Industry is a plus
- 7-10 years solutions sales performance in the Medical Device market
- Minimum 5 years of experience in leading a sales team
- Experience with ISO and regulatory standards
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the online employment application because of a disability, please call
for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
- Target Accounts
- Business Development
- Consultative Selling
- Account Management
- Strategic Selling