SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. is a global provider of financial services software and software-enabled services. Founded in 1986, SS&C has built the most comprehensive powerhouse of software technology in the financial services industry – technology that complements our unrivaled expertise and professionalism in fund administration, insurance and pension funds, and asset and wealth management accounting and operations. Named by Forbes as one of America’s best midsize employers, SS&C has more than 20,000 employees and 15,000 clients worldwide, and is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, and Australia.
This position will be based at 50 Milk Street, Boston, MA 02109.
Junior MEAN Stack Developer - SS&C Institutional & Investment Management Group
Overview and Scope:
We are seeking a Junior MEAN Stack Developer to work as part of a larger development team focused on driving innovation across a cloud-enabled, microservices platform for the Institutional & Investment Management division.
This position will require strong hands-on development experience and will participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle. You will work closely with Product team to understand requirements and business specifications around Portfolio Management, Trading, Analytics, and Investment Accounting. You will write top notch code in multi-tiered multi-threaded environment. Attend sprint meetings with team members to define and analyze development requirements and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
- Code software changes based on design specifications. Proactively resolve issues in specification that will lead to quality, system performance, or architectural issues in product.
- Perform thorough unit testing on all relevant platforms and devices as
appropriate for the particular task/project.
- Regularly inform manager on progress of project, identifying risks early in the process
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Product Designers to ensure understanding of business requirements
- Demonstrate self-directed and proactive approach to tackling problems and leveraging resources
- 1-3 years of experience with SQL Server and MongoDB
- Experience with REST APIs in a microservices architecture.
- Comprehensive knowledge of best practices and design patterns for SaaS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Hands-on experience with GraphQL, Swagger and Kafka
- Familiar with secure software coding techniques
- Experience with 3rd party UI Control tools
- Familiar with Agile-Scrum methodology and practices
- Recent experience within in the Financial Industry with a focus on portfolio management, trading, or accounting
- Four year college degree in Computer Science or related degree
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
C Sharp (Programming Language)
Java (Programming Language)
Sql (Programming Language)
Vbscript (Visual Basic Scripting Edition)