To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cleveland, OH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr Process Control & Automation Engineer
Nesco Resource • Cleveland, OH
Posted 1 month ago
Oversees the programming, configuration and testing of automation-related systems and equipment including process control PLCs/PACs, HMI hardware, software, control system equipment, smart instruments, and the SCADA network. Develops fully functional and integrated control logic, control loops, and operator interfaces using PLCs/PACs and HMI programs, databases, displays and communications in compliance with the Sewer District's Operation and Maintenance standards.
Proactively identifies beneficial process control improvements, tunes control loops to improve equipment operation and assists on process control related projects. Acts as a subject matter expert and provides guidance, support, and additional necessary training to other PLC developers in order to insure proficiency of automation skill sets. Assists contractors with new software & hardware implementation and licensing upgrades. Utilizes continuous improvement activities to improve department efficiency. Ensures the automation systems meet project goals and automation standards. Coordinates activities between departments, including the activities between the Engineering Department, Operation and Maintenance Department, and the Information Technology Department. Performs other duties of a similar nature as may be required.
- Programs, configures, installs, tests, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs process control PLCs/PACs and HMI hardware, software and related control system equipment and software. Designs, develops, programs, and bench tests new and modified PLC control logic and HMI displays prior to field installation. Programs and configures communication equipment, power monitoring equipment and links to smart instruments and networked field devices.
- Develops fully functional and integrated control logic, control loops and operator interfaces using PLCs/PACs and HMI programs, databases, displays and communications in compliance with Operation and Maintenance standards.
- Initiates recommendations for improvements to control logic to address performance issues. Recommends changes to District standards when needed. Proactively identifies beneficial process improvements, tunes control loops to improve equipment operation and implements approved changes and process control related projects
- Acts as the subject matter expert regarding all aspects of the PLC/Client and HMI software and hardware. Coaches, guides, supports and trains other PLC developers in areas of need. Assists the Supervisor and Manager of Automation with day to day activities and long term projects.
- Develops, updates, and maintains HMI graphics, reports, HMI and historian databases and alarm/event graphics for wastewater collection and treatment facility process control and monitoring systems
- Reports any equipment faults and failures, problematic and unresolved technical issues and unstable or unreliable operation.
- Coordinates work with Operation and Maintenance staff, Construction Supervisors, and other technicians to mitigate or minimize impact on process operations. Follows policies and procedures for shutdown requests and operation of equipment to test programming changes.
- Documents all completed hardware and software work to keep reference documentation up-to- date and accurate using Operation and Maintenance programming and configuration practices. Coordinates with document support staff for creation and archiving of as-built/as-programmed documentation from field notes and drawing markups.
- Performs thorough software and hardware testing of all modifications to control system equipment and software. Creates and archives backup copies of control logic and HMI displays in accordance with established Operation and Maintenance procedures.
- Performs all work in compliance with District health, safety and work policies and standards.
- Keeps current on technology trends and new developments for implementing processes, monitoring, controlling, networking, system security, process automation, and related topics.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature as may be required.
- Candidate must possess seven (7) years of progressively responsible work experience in industrial control systems including proactive monitoring and analysis, recommendations for improvement, installation in industrial control, process control, wastewater, manufacturing, pharmaceutical manufacturing industries, or military.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Candidate must possess a valid state of Ohio driver's license with a driving record in accordance with the District's acceptable guidelines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Candidate must possess knowledge of SCADA software (Wonderware, Rockwell). Experience utilizing OSIsoft PI is preferred.
- Candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication, as well as a superior commitment to high quality service, and the ability to successfully build and sustain positive and collaborative working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders. Reads, interprets, and writes plans, specifications, working drawings, schematics and project schedules. Budget management, public speaking, attention to detail and organizational skills, time management to prioritize workloads based on available resources and time constraints, and multi-tasking skills to work on multiple tasks simultaneously are required. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Excel and Word software. Coaching and/or mentoring skills are highly desirable. Experience interfacing with government agencies and internal stakeholders is preferred.
- Candidate must possess the ability to use, analyze, and update automated maintenance programs and processes to effectively initiate and manage instrumentation and process control systems to meet/exceed District metrics.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.