Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Functions as the primary strategic business leader of the property with responsibility for all aspects of the operation, including guest and employee satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, ancillary sales and revenue generation. Ensures implementation of the Marriott Vacation Club brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations and increased profitability. Holds property leadership team accountable for strategy execution, and guides their individual professional development. Ensures the objectives and goals of Marriott Vacation Club, Condominium Owner Boards (COB) and [Trust owners?] work together to achieve brand positioning and success. Builds owner loyalty through proactive communication, setting and managing expectations and delivering solid business results. Partners with the site process team (Project Director-Sales and Construction Manager), if applicable, to maximize site customer and associate satisfaction and profitability. Represents Marriott Vacation Club brand values in all leadership actions.
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
Leading Property Strategy, Operations, and Management of Department Budgets
- Develop a property strategy that is aligned with the brand's business strategies.
- Stay highly visible and interfaces with owners and guests on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Analyze business results and works with executive committee to develop an effective strategy to address needs.
- Make key decisions and oversees execution, remove obstacles to success and ensures adequate resources are available to achieve business results.
- Review financial reports and statements to determine how business unit is performing against budget.
- Work with executive committee to determine areas of concern and develop strategies to improve the property's financial performance.
- Ensure capital expenditure funds are being used to address the priorities outlined in the brand business strategy.
- Ensure service programs are in place and executed against.
- Provide timely, real-time feedback to management and hourly associates on service and operational standards, including feedback on even the smallest of service and operational details.
- Create and support clear lines of responsibility for management team, including coverage and oversight throughout the day
- Review and follow-up on property GSS scores and comments.
- Walk the property to ensure public spaces, grounds, work, public, and kitchen areas meet sanitation and cleanliness/maintenance standards.Managing Owner Relationships
- Oversee Condominium Owner's Associate (COA) management in accordance with legal requirements of the State Statue.
- Develop a mutually beneficial relationship with the board of directors.
- Organize, document and oversee COA meetings in accordance with Association Governance requirements of the State.
- Work with COA to establish budget and Reserve funding for capital expenditures.
- Influence COA to maintain and accept Brand Standard changes.
- Remain current of government regulations and legislation in order to manage the associate relations program to ensure/enforce consistent and fair application and compliance of Marriott, State, and Federal regulations.
- Maintain legally required Condominium Management license within the State of property. Supporting Brand, Ancillary Sales, and Sales andMarketing Strategy
- Champion change, ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
- Partner with Sales and Marketing team to support Sales and Marketing initiatives.
- Support the ancillary sales strategy and encourage leadership team to develop effective revenue management strategies and set aggressive goals that will help drive the property's financial performance.
- Stay perceptive of market conditions and communicate changes and potential revenue opportunities to leadership team.
- Develop innovative means for capturing new streams of revenue through property amenities.Managing Profitability
- Strive to maintain profit margins without compromising owner/guest or associate satisfaction.
- Identify opportunities to increase profits and create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
- Measure, analyze, and communicate property performance using a variety of financial/non financial data including controllable costs, sales revenue, guest satisfaction, and associate engagement data
- Update and communicate profit forecasts to associates/managers.
- Review property performance on period basis with Regional Leadership Maintaining Revenue Management goals
- Maintain close relationship with the Innovation, Planning, and Supply Maximization (iPSM) discipline to collectively manage the inventory maximization during normal operations and during peak periods of construction and renovations.
- Generate property revenue, aside from room usage, via ancillary channels and other creative means.
- Managing and Conducting Human Resource activities
- Hire executive committee team members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Set goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and hold staff accountable for successful performance.
- Establish a presence with associates on property and actively solicits associate feedback.
- Utilize an "open door" policy and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns.
- Ensure associates are treated fairly and equitably.
- Lead associates through property changes and help them transition into new property roles.
- Conduct day to day Human Resource transactions to support needs of the property (e.g., compensation actions, initiation and approval of hiring requisitions, movement of subordinates through phases of performance management cycle).
- Facilitate cross training to support associate professional growth and operational excellence.
- Ensure ongoing development of managers (e.g., one on one coaching, providing stretch assignments, etc.).
- Monitor local hiring and compensation trends for like positions; ensure that the organization understands any change in fundamentals.
- Conduct performance review process for associates (including LPP, career plan form, development plans, associate information form, mid-year check-ins, 90-day check-ins for new associates, etc.).
- Support recruitment efforts from various sourcing channels (e.g., local job fairs, Internet, referrals) to target associates with skill sets (e.g., food and beverage, rooms operations) compatible for operational needs.Additional Responsibilities
- Manage e-mail.
- Manage daily paper mail.
- Participate in conference calls (e.g., Q&A, property performance, etc.).
- Prepare for and host regional/corporate leadership visits.
Education and Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 8 years experience in the management operations, sales and marketing, finance and accounting, or related professional area.
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 6 years experience in the management operations, sales and marketing, finance and accounting, or related professional area.
- General Manager experience in limited or full service property or timeshare resort.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and late nights.
- Property industry work experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance.
• Professional Demeanor - Conveying an image that is consistent with the Marriott's values; demonstrating the qualities, traits, and demeanor (excluding intelligence, competence, or special talents) that command leadership respect; leads with high integrity.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; obtaining and comparing information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
• Communication - Conveying information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods. Strong public presentation skills.
• Creativity and Innovation: Forward thinking with the ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about products, services or work situations; challenges the status quo, developing and trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
• Adaptability - Maintaining performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathering information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizing and arranging work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Driving for Results - Setting high standards of performance for self and/or others; assuming responsibility for work objectives; initiating, focusing, and monitoring the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively taking action and going beyond what is required
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Leading and participating as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
• Coworker Relationships - Interacting with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Customer Relationships - Developing and sustaining relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with Marriott's Spirit to Serve.
• Locally Engaged - Personally connected with local community, venues, special events, history, and culture; able to build networks with local public officials, corporate executives, and companies or organizations and leverage those connections to further business interests; effectively represents the property and Marriott brand to media and in public forums.
• Fostering Inclusion - Supporting employees with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; leveraging personal differences to achieve objectives; and promoting a work environment where all employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Talent Management - Providing guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
• Organizational Capability - Evaluating and adapting the structure of organizational units, jobs, and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
Learning and Applying Personal Expertise
• Applied Learning - Seeking and making the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Technical Acumen - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
o Brand Engagement: Knowledge of Marriott Vacation Club brand strategies, business plans, brand positioning, owner/customer psychographics; shares value system and can personally relate with target guest profile.
o General Property Operations - Knowledge of the operating principles and practices of all brand/property-specific functions to support successful operations of the overall property (e.g., Engineering/Maintenance, Event Management, Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Legal/Contracting, Food and Beverage, Guest Services/Front Desk, Sales & Marketing, Security/Loss Prevention, Retail/Gift Shops, Spa, and Recreation/Health Club).
• Business Acumen - Understanding and utilizing business information (e.g., data used in the Marriott Balanced Scorecard related to Employee Engagement, Guest Satisfaction, and Property Financial Performance) to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges
o Applied Business Knowledge - Evaluates market conditions, organizational objectives, and important aspects of the business to accurately diagnose market opportunities and threats; anticipates opportunities and threats, identify issues, and develop strategies and plans. Aligning individual and team actions with strategies and plans to drive business results.
o Management of Capital Resources - Determines the appropriate allocation of money used to accomplish work goals, and submits expenses according to guidelines; appropriately utilizes and maintains equipment, facilities, and materials needed to perform work activities.
o Administration and Management - Understands and applies the business and management information involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
o Sales and Marketing: Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
o Revenue Management: Knowledge of total property revenue management concepts, processes and strategies (including sales cycles and trends, account management, pricing, and inventory management).
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.