Bloom Energy is the leading force in transforming the way energy is generated and delivered. We are driving toward the parallel goals of growing a dynamic and forward-thinking company while creating a positive impact on our environment. Our company is filled with smart and innovative thinkers and doers, and we never stop striving to improve our technology, to expand and improve our company performance, and to develop and support the many talented employees that serve our mission.
We are looking for a Staff Engineer, Stack Engineering to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies. This role will report to Principal Engineer, Stack Design and will be based in CA, San Jose.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Explore and develop new manufacturing method on critical component to achieve aggressive cost target
- Design and execute experiments and tests to determine feasibility of different manufacturing method to meet yield and performance requirement
- Technical supplier evaluation/selection and management for development and mass production readiness
- Work with cross-functional team for critical component production qualification including design, analysis of experiments, specification development and lifecycle management
- Characterize and document engineering issues, and lead problem solving activities
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Ph.D. with minimum 2 years or Master degree with minimum 5 years of industrial engineering experience in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Material Science preferred
- Experience in various metal alloy metal manufacturing process required
- Experience in high temperature materials (> 500 C) preferred
- Experience in high volume production component development preferred
- Hands-on experience in engineering testing, or lab experiments required
- Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects and meet deliverable deadlines
- Ability to be creative, versatile, efficient and productive with minimal supervision or guidance
- Strong self-starter and team player with a can-do attitude
- Strong drive for results and continuous improvement
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
About Bloom Energy:
At Bloom Energy, we strive toward a 100% renewable future. Our Energy Servers are adaptable to new and innovative fuels while already acting as a cleaner and far more resilient source of power than existing solutions. We see hydrogen as a significant game-changer in the world’s energy usage, and Bloom Energy fuel cells and electrolyzers will be the industry standard for clean, efficient, and reliable energy production. We anticipate being able to work in concert with other renewable energy technologies to create a comprehensive system that will change the way energy in the world is produced, stored, transmitted, and used. For more information visit: www.bloomenergy.com.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.
Attention To Detail
Hardworking And Dedicated