CIRCOR - Keeping Society Safe, Productive and Moving
Aerospace & Defense
DIRECT REPORTING: Sr. Manager, Product Management
FUNCTIONAL REPORTING: Sr. Manager, Product Management
We are a Hauppauge (Long Island) based Aerospace and Defense company developing and commercializing technology for the defense and commercial aerospace industries. We have an immediate need to add a valuable team member to our new product development team. This is a unique opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, on interesting projects, and with very smart and creative people.
We are currently seeking a detail oriented and capable person to manage new product development projects – including all phases of the development, client interaction and reporting, proposal development, etc. The role is best suited for an engineer with a strong technical background seeking to take his/her career to the next level. The hybrid engineer/manager will manage the project technical team, understand and resolve technical issues, and lead the development team to a solution that meets the customer’s requirements within allocated budget and time.
The ideal candidate will have experience working on complex projects, will be capable of handling a diverse task load and will be ready to take on new and interesting challenges daily. Strong writing skills and experience with Microsoft software is an absolute must. A good engineering background along with business sense is essential.
- Manage projects for developing new products and services from concept through commercialization
- Work closely with our management team, administrative staff, and engineers to ensure projects are performed on time, on budget and to the highest level of quality
- Meet with clients to report project status and manage client expectations
- Coordinate and lead the documentation of customer requirements, design documents, test plans and procedures, project reports, and product manuals
- Work with the management team to generate proposals, presentations, project tracking/schedules, and financial spreadsheets
- Play a key role in our Engineering department by providing support as needed to help operate and grow the business
- An engineering degree and a minimum of 5 years of professional experience at a defense manufacturer.
- Multi-disciplinary experience or technical understanding of electrical, mechanical and software engineering concepts
- Excellent technical writing capabilities and communication skills. Should be comfortable making presentations to large groups and meeting frequently with clients
- Extensive experience working with the Microsoft Office suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
- Capable of managing a constantly changing, varied task load with minimal supervision. A positive, team-oriented, and proactive attitude is essential. The candidate must be a self-starter.
- Authorization to work in the United States
- PMP certification preferred
- Government contracts experience including knowledge of the FAR, DFARS highly desired
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
Attention To Detail