Kforce has a client that is seeking a Splunk Engineer in Miramar, Florida (FL).
Scope of work:
This role requires the ability to design, architect and implement Splunk solutions in support of cybersecurity and IT operations analysts and data scientists. This roles focus is primarily on engineering, architecting, maintaining, and monitoring a large Splunk deployment in a distributed and clustered environment. A key aspect of this job will be to help build and direct the Splunk technical capability. The successful candidate will have experience in architecting, implementing, and using Splunk solutions and applications to integrate data feeds and create content in a distributed computing environment. The candidate must have robust Splunk experience and be able to work collaboratively with diverse end users and a geographically distributed team.
- Must have strong Linux system administration and engineering skills; must be very comfortable administering servers from the command line and working with configuration files (Ansible Automation, Python, CentOS 7, RHEL 7)
- Comfortable working with bash, PowerShell, and batch scripts; ability to develop scripts in these languages to support Splunk deployments
- Strong experience and expertise engineering Splunk solutions for a variety of customers
- Experience in building Splunk Technology Add-ons and configuring field extractions for various data sources
- Experience deploying/managing Splunk indexer clusters and search head clusters
- Deployment experience with Splunk Enterprise Security and/or Splunk IT Service Intelligence premium solutions
- Strong understanding of the underlying Splunk infrastructure and components (lookups, modular inputs, standard inputs, relationships between varying configuration files, etc.)
- Experience working with other big data analytics solutions (Elastic Stack, Palantir, HP ArcSight, etc.) is a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively with a globally distributed team
- Strong sense of self-motivation; ability to identify problems and develop solutions
- Ability and willingness to learn new things
- Current Splunk Enterprise Certified Architect preferred
- 5+ years experience in a technical IT position involving systems administration and/or systems engineering
- 3+ years experience with Splunk in a distributed, enterprise environment
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Perl (Programming Language)
Bash (Scripting Language)
Windows Power Shell
Python (Programming Language)