Barnes & Noble College is a retail environment like no other – uniquely focused on delivering outstanding customer service. Our stores can carry everything from text and trade books, technology, and school supplies to clothing, regalia, and food-- everything a college student desires, their parents want, and our faculty needs. A Supervisor should support the management team, be a resource for all departments, a model for customer service, a driver for sales, and a skillful problem solver.
As a Supervisor you will spend the majority of your time on the sales floor coaching and modeling Wow customer service. You will help train and oversee the daily work activity of booksellers in one or more departments in the store or for specified operational functions. You must be knowledgeable about department and store operations; provide outstanding customer service to the academic and co-curricular community; help enforce loss prevention procedures; and ensure that your area of responsibility is maintained, properly merchandised and the store is operationally sound all while being part of a company that is consistently rated as a great place to work - and where employees love what they do.
- Spend the majority of your time on the selling floor delivering, coaching, and modeling exceptional customer service.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all departments in the store to provide daily support, direction, and guidance to customers and team members.
- Help resolve customer issues and complaints and escalating problems to the management team when necessary.
- Assist in the daily operation of the store in partnership with the management team and act as the Manager-on-Duty in the absence of the manager or at satellite locations.
- Assist with assigning work and providing focused direction to booksellers to manage and accomplish multiple projects to ensure the proper execution of the workload.
- Assist with processing sales transactions involving cash, credit, or financial aid payments as needed.
- Full-time positions require availability to work at least 30 hours on a weekly basis year round. Schedules may be set or vary to meet the needs of the store.
- Frequent movement within the store to access various departments, areas, and/or products.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Frequent lifting.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- 2+ years’ experience in a retail setting preferred.
- Candidates must be a minimum of 16 years of age to be considered for employment.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Outstanding customer service skills to match customers to products that meet their needs.
- Basic reading, writing and accounting skills required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills needed.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Barnes & Noble College is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Electronic Medical Record
Utilize Nursing Process
Assign Nursing Staff
Coordinate Nursing Unit