We have an excellent opportunity for a Traffic Engineer/Project Manager
to be based from our Concord, CA office
. Working with the Transportation/Traffic Lead, this position offers great variety of projects, and will see you involved in
What you will bring to the team
- Planning and owning the delivery of Traffic and Planning designs and calculations
- Leading and contributing to the preparation of proposals and bids for projects
- Providing creative solutions to fit the needs of our clients and communities
- Coordinating the work of the team, mentoring less experienced team members
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Proven excellence at all stages of the project life-cycle, from preparing bids to feasibility studies, consenting, detailed design and data analysis, and stakeholder management
- Demonstrated professional judgement and commercial acumen, including identifying, assessing, evaluating and solving problems to brief and budget
- Robust written and verbal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely
- An interest in coaching and mentoring to technically strengthen the team capabilities
- Relevant tertiary qualification
Our commitment to you
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering or a related field of study
- 15+ years design experience with specialization in the traffic engineering field
- Strong ethical standards and dedication to delivering high quality design solutions for our clients
- Experience in developing work plans, scope and schedules and budgets for projects - Position, develop and pursue business opportunities in traffic/transportation engineering
- Lead as a Project Manager for traffic engineering designs
- California PE and T.E license desirable
- Deep understanding of traffic engineering and roadway design, including multi-modal transportation design, roadway design, inspection support services, roundabout traffic design, traffic signal design, municipal traffic engineering and preparation of planning studies for environmental documents.
- Knowledge of or experience with traffic software desirable
- Familiarity with FHWA or State (Caltrans) standards is a key requirement - Guide and collaborate with project team in traffic analysis and design
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements. Why GHD?
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own? About GHD As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience. Interested?
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Engineering Design Process