To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- West Sacramento, CA
- KDC Construction
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Construction Carpenters / Skilled Laborers - Northern CA
KDC Construction • West Sacramento, CA
Posted 1 month ago
KDC offers competitive salary/hourly range - reflective of candidate's experience.
Cirks Construction Inc. (CCI), dba KDC Construction, offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees:
- Medical insurance
- Dental HMO and PPO insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life/AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts - Medical and Dependent Care
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee referral program
- Vacation and Sick Time
KDC Construction is hiring Carpenters/Skilled Laborers for its Northern California projects. The company serves well-known customers having multiple store locations and providing great diversity of work. The position will provide long term stability for the right individuals.
Construction Carpenters/Skilled Laborers with qualified new construction and remodel experience in the following categories will be considered:
- Big box retail
- Quick service / restaurant
- Fuel station / convenience store
- Ground-up, new build, tenant improvement, store remodel, multi-site / similar scope roll-out, and re-image projects
- Reports to different work sites to complete required tasks/projects
- Delivers quality, efficiency, productivity and safe work practices
- Follows established safety rules and regulations and maintains a clean environment
- Constructs, remodels, retrofits and repairs interior and exterior structures
- Install fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, trim, and hardware, using carpenters' hand or power tools
- Maintains and services tools and equipment used in the performance of duties
- Uses power tools such as drills, saws, and nail guns plus hand tools such as hammers and shovels
- Cleans and prepares construction sites to eliminate possible hazards
- Organizes building materials as needed
- Performs take-off / preconstruction on every project
- Tasks include wood/metal framing, drywall, FRP, T-Bar, tile, and concrete
- This position will require night work / graveyard shifts
- Strong Carpentry Skills
- Strong General Trade Experience
- Plumbing is a plus
- Electrical is a plus
- HVAC is a plus
- Finish experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and /or ability required. It is important to be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Build, install, and repair structural woodwork, flooring, ceilings and cabinetry; operate, maintain, and calibrate hand and power carpentry tools; read and comprehend plans and blueprints
- Thorough knowledge of methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in both rough and finished carpentry in commercial / industrial settings; applicable building and safety code requirements; methods and practices followed in the maintenance of tools, machinery, and equipment
- Strong commitment to company goals and values
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Friendly and positive attitude
- Dependable, organized team player
- Flexibility - must be able to manage changes and work demands
- Dependability - must be a reliable team player who can take initiative
- Professionalism - must be able to consistently maintain a professional demeanor.
- Carpenters / Skilled Laborers work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment alongside multiple trades. Vehicle and tools preferred. May be required to respond to 24/7 emergency coverage as needed
- Applicant must have a positive attitude towards change. Can identify the need, remove the barriers and has the know how to make things happen. Values diversity of ideas, opinions, and people.
- Applicants should be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Personnel are expected to perform repetitive physical tasks that require lifting, pushing, and pulling of material/product and standing throughout each shift.
- Candidates must have valid California Driver License and clean driving record. All final candidates will be subject to a Fitness for Duty Test, Drug Screen, Motor Vehicle Report, and Criminal Background Check prior to hiring.