To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Patuxent River, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
PAE • Patuxent River, MD
Posted 17 days ago
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the WorldComputer Scientist
Background: This position will provide software engineering support to multiple teams within the Range Systems Branch of Atlantic Test Ranges (ATR), Patuxent River, Maryland, including Range Computation and Control System (RCCS), Range Data Distribution System (RDDS), Range Display System (RDS), and Regional Maritime Awareness Capability (RMAC).
Duties & Responsibilities, Experience, Skills, Requirements, and Information:
- Developing system and software requirements and design documentation
- Design, development and maintenance of software
- Verifying implementation of system and software requirements
- Conducting requirements correlation analysis and system performance assessments
- Performing test analysis to determine system and test coverage, to evaluate critical test results, and to evaluate all software changes
- Performing code inspections for proper test sequences, consistent interfaces, correct data flow, completeness, and appropriate logic flow
- Ensuring that software changes are thoroughly tested, and accepted, and that changes made during testing do not adversely affect systems and software performance
- Conducting demonstrations, for validation and training purposes, of created or modified software programs
- Monitoring the software development process and providing technical consultation to team leaders and team members
- Resolve Software and System interface problems
- Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license
- Experience with Linux Operating System, C++, and Open GL is highly desirable
- Experience with VXWorks is a plus
- Should be knowledgeable in automated data processing systems and computer systems interfacing
- Applicant must be a self-starter and be able to work smoothly as a member of a technical team.
- Should possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Position may require occasional travel
- A bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline from a school of engineering having at least one professional engineering curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) (or in related disciplines such as physics, mathematics or computer science).
- Just be a US citizen and be able to obtain and hold a Secret Security Clearance.
- Conditions may vary. Most work is performed in enclosed buildings, but some outside work may be required. Work will include sitting, standing, walking, lifting and reaching. Vision abilities needed to perform this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life/AD&D/STD/LTD Insurance
- Tuition and Training Assistance Program
- Wellness Program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave & 10 Paid Holidays
- Mobile Phone Service Discounts
- Discounted Gym Memberships
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.