With over 3,000 installations in nearly 40 countries, Pacific leads the industry with high-speed rotary and inline liquid filling and capping equipment for manufacturers of aerosol, pourable, and non-pourable viscous and semi-viscous products in the food, pharmaceutical, personal care, home care, and chemical markets. As part of the ProMach Filling & Capping business line, Pacific helps our packaging customers protect and grow the reputation and trust of their consumers. ProMach is a family of best-in-class packaging solution brands serving manufacturers of all sizes and geographies in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care, and household and industrial goods industries. ProMach brands operate across the entire packaging spectrum: filling and capping, flexibles, pharma, product handling, labeling and coding, and end of line. ProMach is headquartered near Cincinnati, Ohio, with manufacturing facilities and offices throughout North America, Europe, South America, and Asia. For more information about ProMach, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Field Service Technician and for more information on ProMach Careers, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Field Service Technician.
The Pacific Packaging Machinery division, currently located in Corona, CA, is seeking a talented Field Service Technician to provide technical support/service to customers during the complete life cycle of the machine. As a Pacific Packaging Machinery expert, you will provide advice and physical assistance to the customer in identifying problems associated with the operation of the equipment and to provide innovative solutions to make the customer’s operations/processes operate more efficiently and economically. You will provide application assistance, start-up installation, equipment integration, technical support, and emergency field service in an environment where broad use of independent judgment, discretion and use of technical skills are required.
Performance of these duties requires extensive travel with some weekends and international travel. You must have a valid driver license and passport to qualify.
- Install, setup, integrate, repair, run, and troubleshoot filling & capping machinery of a complex and involved design requiring a high level of technical skill/knowledge and independent problem-solving skills.
- Ensure all established inspection, testing, quality, and operating specifications are met.
- Interpret electrical schematics to perform basic troubleshooting and repair as needed.
- Interpret design engineering drawings to perform assembly and basic troubleshooting and repair as needed.
- Direct and/or supervise customer’s personnel during plant machinery installations and integrations or servicing (repair and/or troubleshooting).
- Operate a Human-Machine Interface (HMI) to operate the machine.
- Identify and correct hardware or software discrepancies.
- Maintain a positive customer relationship. Identify new product & service opportunities. Make recommendations for product improvements. After review of customer parts’ inventory, advise customer of necessary parts that should be included in customer stock.
- Work from complex engineering drawings and specifications, detailed written and/or verbal instructions, handbooks, manuals, etc. Uses a variety of precision measuring instruments.
- Provide manufacturing assistance, customer service, and assembly support when not traveling on field service events.
- Support Aftermarket group by receiving and responding to customers telephoned technical inquiries as needed.
- Function as a technical resource for the Sales Department’s Sales Representatives and Engineering Design Department (Electrical & Mechanical) to address and resolve inquiries and problems related to installation/integration or repair. Provide technical support for other departments e.g. operations, accounting, sales, etc. on an as needed basis.
- Prepare trip reports that update the company as to the status and condition of installed equipment conditions and identifies additional equipment/parts opportunities.
- Associates Degree (2 year) in Electro-Mechanical, or comparable direct job experience
- 4+ years’ experience in highly skilled technical support of an electro-mechanical product/system preferably coupled with formal technical training
- Strong mechanical ability and technical service acumen
- Excellent interpersonal & customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Electro-mechanical experience and skills, PLC programming skills a plus
- Problem solving and independent judgment skills
- Demonstrated ability to accurately use a variety of precision measuring instruments and to read and understand complex engineering designs which include wiring schematics
- Capable of successfully handling a multi-tasked role
- Domestic and international travel required
- Professional etiquette to the highest standard
- Familiarization of OSHA ad NFPA 70 (NEC) guidelines and regulations
Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program. As a Pro Mach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your pay (base salary), very comprehensive medical/dental programs as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, a retirement savings plan with a company match and a wellness program. There is no waiting period for benefits – you are eligible on your first day of employment. Pro Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Education
- Technical/other training or better
- Technically Inclined
- Analytical Skills
- Mechanically Inclined
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Packaging And Labeling
- Emergency Handling
- Human Computer Interaction
- Human Machine Interface
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)