Financial Analyst II - Product Division:
Arthrex, Inc. (US01) Location:
Santa Barbara, CA
The Financial Analyst II will be a liaison between the Arthrex Finance and Product Development Departments to provide financial reporting and analysis. This position will participate in budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis and management reporting in support of an Arthrex Product Family.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform financial planning and analysis activities for product team including revenue fluctuations and gross margin analysis.
- Monitor functional and departmental spending versus budget by highlighting material variances.
- Partner in monthly accounting activities (i.e. assist accounting with accrual process, track invoices from major vendors, confirm project, department and account coding, etc.).
- Participate in regular cross-departmental meetings to understand the current status of ongoing development projects.
- Prepare monthly budget vs. actual reports and variance explanations for product team and department heads.
- Research and resolve product team inquiries for assigned functional areas.
- Analyze financial results for accuracy, determining variance drivers and writing performance commentary. Perform trend and sensitivity analyses to determine potential impacts to business results.
- Monitor relevant KPIs/trends/events impacting the product team and incorporate this information into forecasts and analyses.
- Liaise with operations and contribute to the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process.
- Gather and organize financial data for the product team in preparation for regular leadership reviews.
- Support Finance team with special projects / process improvement.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field required; CPA or MBA strongly preferred
- 5 years of relevant experience, including 3+ years in financial planning and analysis and/or accounting required
- Life science experience in multinational and relevant sector or public accounting experience with large, manufacturing clients preferred
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Strong Excel modeling skills and the ability to create professional presentations is required
- Cognos or TM1 experience preferred.
- Proficient in the use of SAP preferred
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to perform with a high degree of accuracy under tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and handle simultaneous assignments under tight deadlines and in a fast paced environment
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across organizations and utilize resources effectively
- Ability to travel ~5% - 10% of the time
Machine, Tools and/or Equipment Skills:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Use Statistical Method