Our client, a well-established but growing leading manufacturer and distributor of products for the commercial construction industry is seeking high impact salespeople to add to their growing and well-tenured sales team.
The ideal candidate will enjoy engaging customers daily, learning about their business and how they make money and working with key stakeholders. Candidates should be self-starters with strong problem solving skills, at least some mechanical aptitude and understanding, industry experience and an assertive, hunter mentality.
The Sales Manager will focus on developing multi-market business within territory for all of the company's engineered products and solutions by calling on owners, engineering firms and contractors with a market focus on HVAC / Plumbing for commercial construction.
- Understand the construction cycle and successfully influences decision-makers to maximize sales potential
- Increase sales/adoption of new technology by launching new products into the territory
- Set targets, goals, strategies and forecasts through development of a yearly business plan
- Create marketing plans of varying types, including customer visits, training seminars, group presentations, etc.
- Acquire a strong knowledge of company’s products and solutions
- Be present at job sites for training, ensuring proper installation and capture best practices/lessons learned for future improvement
- Full life cycle execution of project pursuits and project management, including project commencement, design, spec development, drawings, bidding, jobsite training and support, final commissioning and post sales
- Effectively coordinate with other sales team members or other company employees for effective selling and customer care
- Manage a balanced distribution network
- Keep abreast market and competitor activity
- Prepare quotations based on accurate information including application, specification, pricing and timing requirements
- Advise management of any training needs
Qualifications (education, experience, personal attributes):
- Bachelor's degree preferred (BSME)
- Previous sales experience selling value add products & services related to the commercial construction industry
- Demonstrated achievements in achieving sales quota
- Ability to develop and nurture long standing relationships
- Solid project management skills; good organizational and time management skills; ability to work effectively in a remote environment
- Self-motivated, confident, problem solver; creative thinker
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, professional image, ability to translate technical discussions about engineering so that non-technical personnel can understand
- Willing to travel overnight as required
- Team player and flexible
The compensation package includes a competitive base salary, an uncapped incentive compensation plan, company vehicle and comprehensive benefit and retirement plans.
Complex Problem Solving