Automation Developer Role Description
The Accenture Federal Services (AFS) Cloud Managed Platform Service (CMPS) team is seeking an Automation Developer who can develop automated scripts and programs for our cloud infrastructure. We are seeking someone who can work in a fast-paced enterprise environment that has a good understanding of infrastructure, working knowledge, and understanding of commercial and government community clouds like AWS GovCloud, Azure Government, etc. Someone with developing automation in secure solutions requiring FedRAMP and/or DoD Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide, compliance, and hands-on knowledge and experience with multiple scripting and programming languages. Using laser-focused attention to detail and quality, Automation Developers play a critical role in delivery value to our clients. Applying business and functional knowledge, they develop end-to-end orchestration automation.
- Design, develop, and configure software systems to meet market and/or client requirements either end-to-end from analysis, design, implementation, quality assurance (including testing), to delivery and maintenance of the software product or system or for a specific phase of the life-cycle.
- Apply knowledge of technologies, applications, methodologies, processes, and tools to support a client, project or entity.
- Analyze, design, code and test multiple components of application programming interface code across one or more third-party products. Perform maintenance, enhancements and/or development work.
- Provide process control engineering, including but not limited to specification, engineering, configuration and startup for projects implementing automation control systems for clients.
- Possess a good understanding of industry design practices and automation systems.
- Create and develop drawings based on input from designers or engineers.
- Work with matrixed teams to ensure an integrated solution architecture is designed and implemented to enable orchestration of services across multiple vendors for effective governance and transparency of performance to the client.
- Ensure an integrated service management architecture is defined and implemented, where IT transnational processes are integrated across Service Providers.
- Ensure reports, and dashboards are designed and implemented.
- Reports, dashboards, scripts, and code needs to be adaptable and flexible in dynamic environments with different stakeholders.
- Eager to expand their knowledge on automation and advise on innovative testing products and solutions enabling seamless experiences across channels transforming processes and applications.
- Minimum of 10 years of overall IT experience.
- 2-year Associates Degree and 2-3 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree, OR Bachelor's Degree and 1-2 years of hands-on relevant experience, OR 5 plus years of hands-on scripting and automation experience in lieu of degree.
- 1-2+ years of technical programming experience in at least 2 or 3 of the following: Ruby on Rails (JSON), PHP, Python, Chef, Ansible, SHELL, PowerShell, BASH, YAML,, and GitLab in a LINUX and Windows operating system environment.
- Must have a good understanding of workflow-based logic and the ability to both understand a business process and to conceptualize it as an automated solution.
- A good working knowledge of problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented, good strong work ethic.
- US Citizen required (dual citizenship not eligible for consideration).
- LINUX+ certification.
- AWS DevOps or SysOps certification.
- Experience working in AWS, Azure, GCP, or other CSP.
Create Test Plan
Create Automation Framework
Develop Automation Script
Test Automation Strategy
Execute Automated Tests