The individual will be responsible for ownership of the Accounts Payable process and will assist with daily, monthly, and annual GL reconciliation and analysis in a growth capacity. This position will also include performing ad hoc projects for the department as well as assisting with internal and external audits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare consolidation of Financial Statements by assisting with the month, quarter and year-end close process.
- Assist the accounting department during internal and external audits.
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue and expense journal entries.
- Facilitate and complete support schedules according to month-end procedures.
- Complete ad-hoc projects and analysis assignments as instructed by internal management.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & LICENSES:
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Excel.
- Highly detailed oriented and organized.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and external partners to maximize performance, creativity and results.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal supervision from manager to accomplish objectives.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting.
- Desire to learn about the financial services industry.
- Accounting experience a plus but not required.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate in employment. No question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.