Responsible for the delivery, coordination and implementation of METRO’s customer service initiatives. Coordinates, schedules, facilitates, and delivers presentations, programs, activities and training to promote a customer focused culture throughout the agency. Works with all METRO departments on rewards and recognition efforts for providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties
- Responsible for the delivery, coordination and implementation of METRO’s agency wide customer service initiatives.
- Responsible for collaborating with METRO’s departments on customer service initiatives, programs, processes and projects.
- Coordinates with internal personnel on special programs, projects, processes and scheduling of activities related to customer service initiatives.
- Responsible for the development and execution of programs including project planning, setting the priorities, managing the logistics, providing support to other departments and ensuring sustainability.
- Acts as the liaison with internal departments to provide information on initiatives and programs.
- Organizes and assist with ongoing programs to increase customer service awareness.
- Coordinates customer service recognition programs and ongoing logistics.
- Provides support to other departments for their implementation of customer service goals and initiatives.
- Delivers ongoing training and development programs to ensure excellent internal and external customer service.
- Works with METRO employees from all facilities and departments to focus on the agency’s customer service efforts.
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Provides excellent customer service to METRO’s internal and external customers.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Administration or related field preferred.
Years & Experience Required
Minimum five (5) years of professional and progressively responsible experience in communications or public speaking. Experience in project coordination, planning and executing special projects and activities.
Knowledge & Skills Required
Excellent project management, interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to work effectively in a rapidly changing environment. Must be able to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality. Excellent communication skills (written and verbal). Must be proficient in Microsoft Officer Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Knowledge of public transportation is a plus.
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
- Customer Experience
- Customer Service
- Hardworking And Dedicated