To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kirkland, WA 98033
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Administrative Assistant II
Modis • Kirkland, WA
Posted 1 month ago
Provides administrative support to Certification Manager and Certification Engineers. Responsible for operation of the document control function including release of engineering drawings, documents, and supplier data in support of certification and program requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the Certification Department in obtaining the necessary data approvals from Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and appointed persons or equivalent agency.
- Coordinates on-staff and consultant aircraft certification personnel for the review and approval of engineering drawings and documents to the requirements of the FAA or other airworthiness organizations.
- Performs data entry for the Certification department including tracking of Designated Engineering Representative (DER) and FAA approvals and data utilizing database software.
- Supports Certification Engineering department with data and tracking of milestone reporting.
- Maintains master Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) files and FAA designee records including renewal letters and authorizations.
- Classifies, files, audits, receives, distributes, tracks and maintains system of classified and unclassified documents according to established procedures and standards for security and document organization.
- Compiles and maintains control records and related files to release drawings and engineering documents to manufacturing and other operating departments.
- Examines documents, such as drawings, change orders and specifications to verify completeness and accuracy of data.
- Confers with document originators or engineering and certification liaison personnel to resolve discrepancies and compiles required changes to documents.
- Maintains and updates department processes and procedures.
- Coordinates and sets up meetings.
- Prepares, sends, receives and routes mail packages and faxes.
- Performs cross-departmental administrative support upon request.
- Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Greenpoint Core Competencies
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and accepts constructive criticism/feedback and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts effectively in verbal and written form, exhibits good listening and comprehension, keeps others informed and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Dependability – Responds to requests for service and assistance, follows instruction and responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions and doing the best job possible, keeps commitments, and maintains reliable attendance.
- Initiative – Sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, measures self against standard of excellence, recognizes and acts on opportunities, and takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, and puts success of team above own interests.
- Work Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, displays commitment to excellence, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
Job Core Competencies
- Planning & Organization – Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, plans for additional resources, integrates changes smoothly, sets goals and objectives, and works in an organized manner.
- Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge, exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills, keeps abreast of current developments, requires minimal supervision, displays understanding of how job relates to others, and uses resources effectively.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Bachelor's (B.A.) degree and minimum two years related industry experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aerospace background and aircraft interior industry experience a plus.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience in detail oriented work requiring high degree of accuracy.
- Position requires email/phone interactions with DERs, DARs and other Certification personnel, experience in this area is desirable.
- Proven experience using MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Access), MS Outlook, Visio and MS Project.
- Ability to develop presentations, spreadsheets, databases, charts, graphs, formulas, and pivot tables.
- Ability to understand and resolve process issues.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously while maintaining positive and professional demeanor.
- Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally, demonstrating a high-level of customer service.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization and organize and facilitate meetings to discuss technical issues.
- Strong communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and reports.
- Ability to write technical correspondence and communicate technical issues orally either in-person on using the telephone.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to work overtime as required.