To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Montgomery, AL 36116
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Business Sales Engineer
WOW! Internet Phone Cable • Montgomery, AL
Posted 14 days ago
Business Sales Engineer
This position is responsible for all technical issues related to the sales cycle of the company's Business Commercial products. Individuals in this position are responsible for supporting a team of Account Executives in the development of Network, Voice, and Data Center solutions for prospective clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below:
- Responsible for providing primary technical support to the WOW! Business Commercial sales and support teams
- Attend sales calls with Account Executives and assist in the sale by performing technical requirement analysis, technical responses, site evaluation, presentations to customers/prospects, reviewing/coordinating complex proposals and communicating the technical merits of our solution and service migration considerations
- Interface with clients and WOW! staff to manage the entire service activation process
- Deliver technical training to new and existing WOW! Account Executives and support staff
- Follow-up with customers to assure satisfaction with WOW! delivered services
- Acts as project manager for all commercial RFP and RFQ responses and is specifically responsible for all technical content of the proposal process and technical design
- Coordinate installation and other implementation activities with customers and WOW! operations, engineering, customer care and other staff
- Act as a point of contact for Platinum customers to insure timely solutions for trouble tickets and change orders
- Assist in the sale by mapping out prospect/customer current networks to include locations, circuits, network topology and applications, and then design optimal alternatives to support customer needs with WOW! solutions, including but not limited to PRI's, SIP PRI equivalent trunking, VOIP, Internet, Metro Ethernet, MPLS, Virtualization, Backup and Colocation
- Manage IRR process to ensure capital projects meet or exceed defined financial benchmarks
- Take a leadership role in seeking out, identifying and evaluating network extension opportunities based on required capital cost, customer demographic, competitive environment, penetration forecasts and ROI analysis
- Represent an uncompromising commitment to professionalism and integrity in how you and your associates conduct business
- Take a leadership role in the development of networking opportunities with consultants; interconnect companies, data equipment vendors and other partners that would advance the penetration of WOW! services and ensure an exceptional customer experience
- Assure the quality representation of our services, pricing and deliverables to prospects and customers meet company standards
- Manage customer and inter-department relationships to insure satisfaction with WOW! services and prompt resolution of issues
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have exceptional organizational skills and be able to multi-task. They must also be able to provide outstanding customer service and support in a professional manner and in accordance with company policies and standards. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The candidate must exhibit leadership qualities.
- Requires five or more years of sales engineering and networking experience in the telecom service provider industry (Minimum of three years experience in a telecom environment)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work closely with Account Executives with a proven knowledge of the sales cycle
- Strong sales skills in presentation and proposal design
- Must have knowledge of Metro Ethernet technologies (ELAN, EPL, EVPL), WANs and LANs
- Must have working knowledge of TCP/IP, firewalls and VPNs
- Must have working knowledge of data Virtualization and Backup
- Strong knowledge of industry networking technologies such as TCP/IP, L3VPN, MPLS, VPLS, VPN, Ethernet, VoIP, SONET, DWDM
- Familiar with various networking fundamentals related to routers, switches, LAN, MAN, WAN, DS3, OC-x, CSU/DSU and other CPE
- Possess a consultative approach to providing customer solutions and design with strong knowledge of converged multimedia applications
- Extensive experience with routing and signaling protocols such as BGP, ISIS, OSPF, LDP, RSVP as well as knowledge of emerging technologies
- Extensive voice networking experience with an emphasis on VoIP, Hosted-VoIP, signaling protocols and PBX
- Ability to multi task and meet multiple deadlines
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred; or equivalent training, education and experience (preferably with concentration in Computer Science or Telecommunications Engineering Technology)
- Telecommunications industry experience preferred
- Cisco and VMware certifications preferred
- Proficient in MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear
- Occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds
- Regularly required to talk and hear
- Required to use hands to type, handle objects and paperwork
- Required to reach and hold on to items at chest level or reach above the shoulder
- The vision requirements include: close vision and ability to adjust focus
- The employee must have the ability to work various hours, including nights, weekends and holidays if needed
- Travel requirements may be up to 25% of the job