To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merrifield, VA 22119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Data Scientist (Predictive Modeler)
Navy Federal Credit Union • Merrifield, VA
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To participate in the development of predictive modeling, data-mining, and advanced statistical marketing analytics for assigned internal clients to enable better understanding of member needs, behaviors, and engagement. Serve as lead Analyst on portions of larger scope modeling projects under minimal supervision and may assist lower level Analysts with projects. Assist with formulating strategies around member targeting, product and service acquisition, cross-selling and retention for more effective marketing. Provide input, clarification and insight to mid and executive-level management across the company with answers to business questions and information to assist with member-centric decision making.
* Collaborate with internal business partners across divisions to integrate analytical tools and solutions into direct marketing, lead generation campaigns/initiatives, and agent/member systems
* Develop and refine member segmentation models to help focus corporate and divisional activities supporting corporate growth, retention, member experience and long term profitability
* Develop and test multiple hypotheses using results from analyses to generate and answer new questions leading to more in-depth understanding of business issue(s) being studied
* Evaluate/develop/implement analytical techniques and best practices to gain a competitive advantage
* Forecast initiatives to project strategic plan goals and assess current performance
* Identify potential issues that arise during the course of research projects and escalate and communicate these to management and internal clients for awareness\action\resolution
* Identify, recommend and manage external suppliers/vendors assisting on analytical research projects, ensure projects meet departmental quality standards, research objectives, and delivered on time
* Lead ad hoc analysis of corporate-wide business problems of various scope and complexity
* Lead development of predictive modeling projects using data mining techniques for estimating current and future member engagement, prospecting new members, cross-selling to existing members (response models), and identifying members likely to leave
* Make presentations of status, completion and results of studies to non-technical audience of various levels
* Manage multiple research projects under tight deadlines; ensure research projects are completed on time and meet internal client expectations
* Monitor performance of scored models; recommend/implement changes to improve performance
* Perform full cycle model design and development which includes but is not limited to identifying objectives, sampling, testing/validation, calibration, and monitoring performance
* Proactively work with internal clients and other business areas to create project plans with clear objectives, detailed tasks, accountabilities, timelines, and estimated budgets/corporate impact
* Produce actionable insights from research projects that are effectively communicated
* Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications – All required unless otherwise noted:
* Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Marketing, Economics, Engineering or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
* Experience in an informal mentoring, and/or leadership role
* Experience in managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
* Experience in statistical software (e.g., SPSS Modeler and/or SAS) to manage large data sets
* Experience in using more than two of the following statistical methods to solve business problems: linear and logistic regression, neural networks, decision trees, experimental design, time-series and forecasting, K-means clustering, association rules, RFM, survival analysis
* Advanced knowledge of thought leadership in providing vision and strategic thinking around a full range of technical decisions and issues
* Advanced skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
* Advanced skill interpreting, extrapolating and interpolating data for statistical research and modeling
* Advanced skill to influence, negotiate and persuade to reach agreeable exchange and positive outcomes
* Advanced skill using innovative thinking to solve problems and facilitate the decision-making process
* Desired - Master's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Marketing, Economics, Engineering or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
* Desired - Experience in as a research analyst and/or predictive modeler demonstrating strong mass data mining and statistical expertise
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability