Job Title: Packaging Engineer
Memphis, Memphis, TN, US
Our client is a leader in the Packaging & Automation sector is looking to hire an experienced Packaging Engineer to join our team.
If you are looking for an exciting career with the opportunity to use your skill-set to work with a variety of customers and our sales team to provide packaging solutions, this career opportunity may be for you! We offer extensive industry specific training and a variety of benefits.
About The Company:
Our client is a leading packaging distributor providing innovative products, equipment and services to manufacturing, distribution, and logistics companies. They provide a professional, performance-based work environment with a passion for excellence and are known for the great care they take with clients and employees alike.
- Bachelor's Degree in Packaging Science or related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years of experience (Required)
- Proficient in the use of current design/modeling software including SolidWorks, TOPS and Artios CAD
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Strong Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at various levels within the organization and with customer
- A strong understanding of packaging materials, packaging processes including theories and concepts
- experience working in a packaging environment
The Packaging Engineer is responsible for providing key design and technical support to the sales force and the company's customers by leveraging creativity, knowledge, and analytical skills to create maximum value for the company and its customers. The Packaging Engineer is also responsible for developing ideas for packaging cost saving initiatives and improvements based upon customer request, operational capabilities, and project cost.
- Provide recommendations and business cases for process improvements and cost savings
- Work closely with the sales team & management to create value and solve problems for the customers
- Direct and manage multiple concurrent packaging engineering projects while ensuring their success in meeting their respective objectives
- Communicates with customers as necessary to answer technical questions or provide other information
- Create innovative packaging solutions to meet market need
- Coordinate, manage, and document project goals and progress
- Generate drawings, models, and designs using Artios CAD and SolidWorks
- Monitor and advise management on packaging design trends and new products
- Confer with sales and supplier teams to ensure the manufacturability of new products designs as well as their conformance to customer expectations
- Manage the completion of packaging testing for new product development and existing design improvements
Company offers a variety of benefits to all employees:
- Insurance (medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, etc.)
- 8 paid holidays
- Corporate gym membership
Packaging And Labeling
Process Improvements (Business)
Computer Aided Design
Solid Works (Cad)